Is modifying admin views supported in the pro version?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Is modifying admin views supported in the pro version?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rob

I’d like to modify admin views (under wp-admin/) and wanted to know if it’s supported in the pro version. As far as I can tell it’s not supported in the community edition (“The Events Calendar”). For a little bit of context we are approaching 3,000 venues and when I go to edit an event the page performance is affected by the drop down that loads all the venues (Under the “Location” section header” > “Use Saved Venue”). I’ll spend more time looking at it tomorrow but I’ve narrowed the issue down to these files / methods:

src/Tribe/Linked_Posts/Chooser_Meta_Box.php
    method: single_post_dropdown

src/Tribe/Linked_Posts.php
    method: saved_linked_post_dropdown

I don’t see any way to replace the admin meta boxes altogether. I’d like to remove the current functionality and replace it with a type ahead field that calls a REST endpoint but so far it looks like I’d have to edit core files or re-implement functionality outside the admin. Thank you!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Rob and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

I’d like to modify admin views (under wp-admin/) and wanted to know if it’s supported in the pro version.

The short answer is no. We do not support admin view changes.

The scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.

We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.
    You could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Secondly, if you have not already done so, I would recommend reading the following about performance: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/performance-considerations/

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Rob

Thank you Geoff. That’s what I thought but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing it. I’ll check out the performance guide but I’m not using any of the front end views now anyway. Thanks again.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Rob,

Thank you for your understanding.

As a side note, this did trigger a lot of constructive discussions with our code ninjas.
    Among other things, we are indeed looking at providing the ability to customize the backend interface.

This is still in its early stages, but I thought you should know about it.

Furthermore, we will also gradually move everything towards Select2 which offers much better performance for such fields.

In other words, your question did not fall on deaf ears, so keep an eye out for upcoming release announcements.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Is modifying admin views supported in the pro version?’ is closed to new replies.