Is it possible to display all event (past and future) events as a default view?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is it possible to display all event (past and future) events as a default view?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Is it possible to display all (past and future) events by default, with photo view?

My site current serves the message, “There were no results found.” when I go to

http://commoningcollective.org/events/

The only way to see any events is to navigate via the “Previous Events” link to get to “Past Events”.

I created a custom menu item with the following to make the default view all past events:

http://commoningcollective.org/events/?action=tribe_photo&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past

This is not ideal as I need a photo list of both future and past events in one place (newest at the top obviously).

PS: I use the photo view-only.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Robert.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Robert.
    Jeff
    Participant

I am also curious about this option. Is there shortcode where we can show all event sand also choose them by category?

For photo view?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff
    Participant

I figured out the category slug /events/category/xxxxx but cannot figure out the show all.

Do I need to build a custom page template to do this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Hunter

Hello, Gentlemen 🙂

@jeff, would you mind creating a separate thread? It’ll help expedite both requests. Thanks for understanding and I’ll keep my eye on the queue for your thread.

@Robert, there isn’t a built-in feature that allows you to display all events, past and future. There are a few snippets on this thread that can hopefully help get started, but these types of customizations are outside the scope we’re able to cover, so you’ll need to handle the specifics from here. If it comes to it, we’ve got a list of customizers that can help get the job done.

We are always incorporating new ideas from our UserVoice Feature Ideas page, so feel free to submit your idea if it hasn’t been already.

Have a great rest of your weekend and thanks for choosing PRO.
    Cheers!

Robert
    Participant

Thank you for the response but I guess that I’m still surprised that there is not a better default ‘photo-view’ that displays something more than, “There were no results found.”, then be required to navigate away from the blank page to all past events?

I’d appreciate it if there was anything else you might be able to suggest, for instance, is there a better thing that I should do rather than just use the following custom url for the default ‘Event’ link:

http://commoningcollective.org/events/?action=tribe_photo&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past

Hunter

Hey Robert,

Thank you for getting back to me. I know it’s not the most ideal answer, but this type of request is unusual so it would require some additional coding to achieve. Our ‘Using tribe_get_events’ Knowledgebase can hopefully get you started in the right direction.

Thanks again and best of luck with everything.
    Cheers!

Jeff
    Participant

Thanks for the help! It requires knowledge of custom post types and page templates in WordPress, understandably because everyone will want to display things differently so cleaner this way.

Hunter

Hey @jeff,

You are correct. With all of the different combinations and options users want/need, it would be impossible to meet those demands :-/

Thanks for the input and have a great Wednesday!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to display all event (past and future) events as a default view?’ is closed to new replies.