Is it possible to add + VAT after ticket price

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Is it possible to add + VAT after ticket price

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Carl
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to add +VAT (tax) after the ticket price, so customers will know the price doesn’t include VAT before going ahead and making the purchase and going to the checkout. Is this possible? And if so, how?

Thank you

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

Are you saying you would like to display both the ticket price and the VAT tax next to each other?

We do not have a feature to do that, nor anything else directly related to VAT taxes. You maybe to modify the ticket form to display some information.

That is about all we have on this.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Carl
    Participant

Sorry for any confusion. On the list of events I have a price tag next to each event. I would like it to display for example “£30 +VAT.” It was displayed like this until I added tickets to the calendar and now it just says £30.

Thanks

Carl
    Participant

Maybe this will be easier to understand. Here is a link to the site I’m working on. Where it has the prices on the right hand side I would like it to say +VAT http://www.bmarqtraining.co.uk/courses/

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok I get it now.

We do not have that feature built in, but you can modify the ticket form so it could show.

If you follow our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

You can move and edit this file:

wootickets\views\wootickets\tickets.php

You maybe to just change this line:

echo $this->get_price_html( $product );

to this:

echo $this->get_price_html( $product ) .”+VAT”;

That will show for all Tickets though, but that sounds like what you are trying to do.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Carl
    Participant

Thanks this works for the ticket! Is there a way to add it to the price on the Events Calendar when it is in “List” view.

Brian
    Keymaster

In the list view look to move this file to your theme:

the-events-calendar\views\list\single-event.php

Then look to edit this line:

<span><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ); ?></span>

Maybe to look something like this:

<span><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ); ?> +VAT</span>

If you look around in the other templates and tribe_get_cost you can add the VAT message to them as well.

Carl
    Participant

Thanks! I really can’t thank you enough. This is really helpful because in the UK it is compulsory to have +VAT on particular prices.

Thank you 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

No worries, I understand you guys have to handle that.

Glad it helps and if you have a few minutes to spare could you please review The Events Calendar on WordPress.org

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to add + VAT after ticket price’ is closed to new replies.