iOS Calendar RSS Feed

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions iOS Calendar RSS Feed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robbie Bott

My previous calendar plugin had a simple RSS button that a user could click and it would add the calendar to their iOS device. I have seen that the events calendar also has an rss feed by adding /feed, however when you open that link on an iOS device it wants to open the Apple News app, instead of the calendar app to add it.
    How can I get my events calendar to show in iOS calendar? I want that parents to be able to subscribe to the calendar and it show on their devices as we update the calendar.

Courtney

Hey Robbie

Can you check this out on our demo site: WP Shindig Demo Site https://wpshindig.com/events/. In the lower right, see the +Export Events button. This will prompt users to add the site to their own calendar software. You can copy the link to give out via newsletters, etc. as well. And if you’re up for a bit of coding work, you could change the text on that button as well.

Let me know if this will help.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Rob Sanchez

Hi, a couple follow-ups on this:

1) does the export button only work for iCal or could users add it to their Google Calendars as well?
    2) if I make any changes to the events or add events, will the users need to add the new calendar link?
    3) is there any way to make the updates automatic for a user?

Thanks!
    -rob

Robbie Bott

I can only answer the adding of new events question. From my understanding new events will not be present. The user would have to go back reexport and add it again to their device. There is no automatic update feature.
    Pure crap… what calendar remains static? None so why not have it automatically update. All in One event calendar by Timely has the RSS feature you are looking for users click the button it adds it to their device either iOS or Android and voila the calendar stays updated on their device when you add change or remove events.

Courtney

Hi Rob

Users can upload the generated .ics file into Google Calendar. https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/advanced-ical-export/ can also be a better option for a more complete export of events. However, if you add events to your calendar after the export, users may not see the new events.

Thanks
    Courtney

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘iOS Calendar RSS Feed’ is closed to new replies.