Interested in connecting two The Events Calendar calendars on two websites

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Interested in connecting two The Events Calendar calendars on two websites

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Karen Vance

I’m interested in knowing the best methodology. I have two websites, both with The Events Calendar on them. I’d like to enter all of my events in a single calendar on one website and create a feed of a group of categories to display on The Events Calendar on the other site.

Do I need the Aggregator? Or is there another way to accomplish this?

Thank you,
    Karen

Caroline

Hi Karen,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here! If you’re looking to maintain a number of shared events between two separate installs of The Events Calendar, you’ll definitely have the best experience using Event Aggregator to achieve this. Some users prefer to use a single Google Calendar and import shared events from that calendar to both sites; other users may wish to create events on one of their sites with The Events Calendar and then import directly from that calendar. Feel free to test several options and see which setup works best for your needs! I’d be glad to answer any questions you might have about Event Aggregator and how it might fit your requirements here. 🙂

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if there’s anything else that I can do to assist!

Karen Vance

Caroline,

We’re looking at purchasing Events Calendar PRO. We’d like to use it on the site that serves as the main hub for all events.

If we buy Calendar PRO and Aggregator together in a bundle, do we install the PRO on the main hub and the Aggregator on the receiving website? Or do we need to buy two bundles? Or do we need to buy Calendar PRO for one site and Aggregator on the other site?

What is your suggested process for ensuring we have the right license to manage an integration between two WordPress website installs that are sharing the data of a single events calendar?

Thank you,
    Karen

Caroline

Hi Karen,

Thanks for following up! While Personal licenses for most of our products (such as Events Calendar PRO) are limited to a single activation per license key, this doesn’t apply to the license tiers for our Event Aggregator product. Each Event Aggregator license, regardless of type, can be installed on up to 10 separate site URLs, so you can easily install it on multiple sites, if needed. However, in your case, I’d simply suggest the following:

• Install The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO on the main hub site
    • Install The Events Calendar and Event Aggregator on the other site
    • Create your events on the main site
    • Set a scheduled import using Event Aggregator on your other site to bring in those events, using the Other URL import type and the URL of your main hub site

You may wish to adjust your import settings to bring in new events with Draft status so that you can remove any unneeded events before publishing. The Refine option can also be used when creating your scheduled import to filter events by one or more keywords, which can be helpful if all of your imported events will contain a specific keyword.

Let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns regarding this process–I’d be happy to try and clarify further! 🙂 Cheers, and thanks again!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Interested in connecting two The Events Calendar calendars on two websites’ is closed to new replies.