Integrating GigPress and Events Calendar??

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Integrating GigPress and Events Calendar??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark D. Moss

I’ve been using GigPress for a while, and I see that you now own that and there is supposedly a way to integrate the two plugins so that the gig list can be displayed in a calendar format on the website.

I downloaded and installed Events Calendar and the “mini plugin” via the link you provided, but there is no documentation.

Once installed, I *can* see the GigPress dates in a monthly “calendar” view … but only for the *current* month, with no way to navigate forwards or backward … and a permanent error warning that there are no events listed! (look here: https://www.annehills.com/events/ … and to see currently entered gigs, look here: https://www.annehills.com/gigs/ ) Further, the text in the calendar is minimal, not even listing the location (other than the venue name), and everything is hyperlinked (taking the browser back to the home page if you click on the artist name!).

Is that all she wrote? I use Events Calendar on other sites, so I *would* be interested in integrating it with GigPress if there is a way to implement the partnership without crippling the functionality of both plugins. Ideally, clicking on a “gig” in the Calendar needs to open an event page that includes, at minimum, *ALL* the info that’s available in the GigPress list … with an opportunity, even better, to include an event image, mapping, etc.

*THAT*, I’d pay for!

As it is, unless I’m completely misunderstanding, I fail to see how there is *any* useful integration of the two plugins.

Please advice!

Thanks!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry that you’re running into these issues with GigPress and The Events Calendar…I ran some tests in my local environment, but I was not seeing these same issues. There might be something else on your site that is conflicting with one or both of these plugins – you can check for this by running through the steps outlined here.

We are not able to provide technical support here in our Pre-Sales forum, but if you need further help troubleshooting this, please let us know over in our GigPress support forum on wordpress.org.

If you are interested in using GigPress in conjunction with one of our premium plugins like Events Calendar Pro or Event Tickets Plus, we do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take any of them for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrating GigPress and Events Calendar??’ is closed to new replies.