Installing Events Calendar Pro Plugin and then Setting Calendar as Home Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Installing Events Calendar Pro Plugin and then Setting Calendar as Home Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Diehl
    Participant

I upgraded to Events Calendar Pro Plugin and have my license key. I went to settings in WordPress to enter it, but the only open for licenses that is appearing is Event Aggregator. I am sure there is something simple that I am not doing right although I have been trying to follow these steps:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/finding-and-inputting-your-license-key/

I am also trying to set the calendar as the homepage too and have been trying to follow this tutorial: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-make-your-calendar-your-sites-home-page/

Once I have Events Calendar Pro installed, will Main Events Page start to appear ? It is currently missing in action.

Thank you so much for your time and your patience!

Ryan Diehl
    Participant

I am guessing I should be using wordpress.org rather than wordpress.com (sorry for being a rookie to all of this). I am currently working on moving things over to the former from the latter.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Ryan Diehl.
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry you’re having a hard time getting set up with Pro…the good news is, it will work on .org or a .com site!

The spot for the license key actually won’t appear until you have installed and activated the plugin, which you can do by following the instructions here.

You should have a main events page now, with just The Events Calendar installed. It won’t appear in your list of Pages (I know that can be confusing!) but you can get to it by going to yoursite.com/events. Which methods have you tried from the article you mentioned? The shortcodes won’t be available until Pro is activated, but you should be able to go into Settings > Reading, setting “Front page displays” to “A static page”, and then selecting “Main events page” as the front page. If this isn’t working, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see on that screen, specifically of the “Front page displays” setting?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Ryan Diehl
    Participant

You are amazing, Jennifer! Your advice worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Awesome, I’m glad to hear everything is working for you now! I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but please feel free to open a new one if you have any other questions!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Installing Events Calendar Pro Plugin and then Setting Calendar as Home Page’ is closed to new replies.