Installation

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Installation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James Carroll
    Participant

Okay, I’m a bit slow when it comes to this kind of stuff. I have a premium account, paid for the community add-on, downloaded the file, but can’t figure out how to install it and get it to be active on my WordPress site. Is there a “for dummies” explanation?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Indeed we do! Since you’ve already downloaded the plugin from our site, it sounds like you’re half way there. The next step is to upload and activate the plugin via Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jennifer

James Carroll
    Participant

Okay, I did that and now I get this message:

Installing Plugin from uploaded file: tribe-community-events.php
    Unpacking the packageā€¦

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi James,

I think the file may have been corrupted or possibly unzipped automatically when you downloaded it. Can you try deleting the one you have been using and redownloading the plugin from this link? Once it has downloaded, you will want to verify that it is still zipped – if you are on a Mac for example, the file may be unzipped automatically. In that case, you’ll want to right-click on the file and click “Compress”.

Once you’ve verified that the new file is indeed zipped (the file name ends in .zip), can you go into Plugins > Add New > Upload plugin and try uploading the new file?

If that still doesn’t work, can you please send me a screenshot of what the file looks like as soon as it has downloaded?

Thanks,

Jennifer

James Carroll
    Participant

Okay, I did everything you said and I’m still having trouble. It gives me the same error. I’ve uploaded to screen shots for you to look at.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing the screenshots James! Based on the first screenshot, I just want to verify that the file you are uploading is the file that ends in .zip? It looks like you may be uploading the the-events-calendar-community-events folder, but WordPress actually requires that theme and plugin files be zipped to upload them through the “Add New” button on the plugins page. An alternative would be to upload the files via FTP in which case you would use the unzipped file.

However, I did look through some other threads where users were getting this error, and it looks like the issue previously has been that the file was not zipped.

If you are selecting the .zip version and still getting the error, would you be able to try the FTP method?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Installation’ is closed to new replies.