Inserting image views of events in a page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Inserting image views of events in a page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brac
    Participant

I was wondering if it is possible to insert a horizontal list of three or four of the upcoming events with the image view in a page or on the home page in a section? It appears the views are only able to show up on the events page.

It would be nice to be able to include a few of the upcoming events in the home page so that people can easily see them.

I realize that this might be a customization issue but just wanted to know if it is possible.

Barry

Might you leverage the list widget here?

It could then be customized and styled to render horizontally, etc. Would that be viable?

Brac
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Brac,

No need to post by private reply unless you wish to share confidential information – as keeping things open is a great way for others to benefit from past questions and answers in the future 🙂

It is indeed a customization task and I was offering up the list widget as one possibility, but you’d need to do the work to take it forward/find an alternative if it won’t work for you. I do have a few thoughts for you, though, based on your last reply:

That might work but I need to display that widget in the page not the sidebar.

You could always register a new sidebar area to accommodate this special case or indeed you can use WordPress’s very handy the_widget() template tag to position pretty much any widget – ours included – wherever you want, even outside of a sidebar.

Also, how would I go about styling it to display horizontally?

You could do this with a little custom CSS – and we’ve got a great resource in the form of our Themer’s Guide which explains how to set up custom CSS and other things to help with this sort of task.

Each event generated by the list widget is wrapped up in a div (with a .tribe-mini-calendar-event CSS class) and you could potentially use floats to arrange them horizontally.

Ideally my question really lies as to whether I can display the upcoming events in a page section as opposed to the events page.

Definitely possible, either using a widget based approach or indeed there are other avenues.

Our tribe_get_events() function works in a similar fashion to get_posts() and would let you grab a bunch of upcoming events and display them however you like. There are also third party (and so unsupported here on the forums) solutions like Event Rocket that provide a shortcode which could be useful here.

I hope that helps – and good luck 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Inserting image views of events in a page’ is closed to new replies.