Insert a Copyright Note

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Insert a Copyright Note

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

Hello,

At least in Germany, a copyright note has to be added to a picture, which you did not make yourself.

Is there a way that i can somehow use a custom field? Or is a function built into the plugin, for example, which outputs the category name as the copyright value?

Because the danger of being warned is not very easy in Germany. And without pictures the page with the details or the preview of the similar events looks very dreary.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo erneut Marcus,

Unfortunately there is no specific built-in function for this, but I have some ideas on how you could solve it.

1. You can use the Advanced Fields that come with EC PRO and the information would show up with the event details.

2. You can use custom fields and create a template override for whichever view you need it and pull the custom field data from the database.

3. You can use the categories or tags if you want and likely do a template override so they show up at the appropriate places.

I hope this will help you get started.

Grüsse

Andras

Marcus
    Participant

How can I read the organizer from the database? I have tried with tribe_organizer etc., unfortunately without success

Marcus
    Participant

Would it be worth considering the plugin authors two selection boxes, in order to be able to select when an event to be selected, whether a featuered image or the related image should be displayed?

This would make editing the style.css superfluous.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus,

To get the organizer of an event you can use tribe_get_organizer().

As for your second question I’m sorry, I don’t fully understand. Can you explain please? Or you can ask in German. 🙂

Andras

Marcus
    Participant

Hallo Andràs!

Ich wollte fragen, ob die Möglichkeit besteht, das seitens der Plugin-Autoren eine Funktion eingebaut werden kann, bei der der User bei Eingabe einer Veranstaltung entscheiden kann, ob das Featured Image und / oder das Related Images angezeigt werden sollen.

Also Quasi zwei Kästchen, bei denen man jeweils für das Featured und das Related Image ein Häkchen setzt, ob das Bild angezeigt werden soll.

Dann braucht man in der CSS nicht herumzuspielen.

Barry

Hi Marcus,

Our apologies for the delayed response.

I’m sorry to say that I am having just a little difficulty in understanding the question.

For featured images, if you do not wish them to display the easiest way to accomplish this is to delete them from the event in question: while we’re open to receiving requests for new features I tend to think that adding a checkbox to control this is something we’d be unlikely to add.

The other part of your question was about adding a checkbox to turn off the display of related images. By this, do you mean related events (ie, the list of upto 3 events that share some of the same tags/categories which displays at the bottom of the single event page)?

Marcus
    Participant

Hello Barry,

The other part of your question was about adding a checkbox to turn off the display of related images. By this, do you mean related events (ie, the list of upto 3 events that share some of the same tags/categories which displays at the bottom of the single event page)?

Thats correct

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Marcus,

Sorry for the long wait, I was on holidays but now I’m back.

So if I understand correctly, you would like the following feature:

• Have a checkbox whether a featured image of an event should be shown or not
    • Have a checkbox whether Related events / images should be shown or not

This can be likely done with some custom coding and a template override. We are limited in doing customizations like this but one of these freelancers should be able to help you out if you would like to have this feature fast.

If you would like this as a built-in feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there. We regularly monitor feature requests on User Voice and if a requests is popular / gets a lot of votes then there is a high chance it will be included as a feature.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Insert a Copyright Note’ is closed to new replies.