Information about Community Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Information about Community Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matteo

Hello,
    I got a few questions about the Community Events plugin:
    -I need that every event submitted must be approved by the admin. Can you assure this is possible?
    -I also need that after the submission of an event an email should be sent to the admin to advise him of the new event submitted. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance
    Have a nice day

Geoff

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Great questions and I’m happy to help answer them.

Yes, you can absolutely moderate event submissions before they are published. That is an available setting in the plugin and we have more information on it here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-community-events-submissions/#review-events

The same is true for receiving an email for new submissions. The plugin settings allow you to notify one or multiple email addresses when a new event has been submitted:

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Thanks,
    Geoff

Matteo

Hello Geoff,
    thank you for your quick reply!

Everything is perfect, but if I need to send an email to the admin (or more as you said) but also one to who submitted a new event for confirmation is it possible? Or I need to do it using a specific hook programmatically?

Thank you very much!

Geoff

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for following up!

I’m afraid there is no direct setting in the plugin to notify the person who submitted the event once it has been published.

You could certainly do that manually, or there could very well be a hook you could use to trigger that. Events are simply a custom post type, so you could likely hook into any of the default WordPress post publish functions to notify the post author of an update.

While I haven’t tried it personally, it looks like this plugin might help do that — at least worth checking it out:

Notification – Custom Notifications and Alerts for WordPress

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Information about Community Events’ is closed to new replies.