Include snipped in updates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Include snipped in updates

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Michalis.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

We were facing a major issue when activating Events Calendar Pro. We were getting some errors in both front and back end. (you can refer to topic: Error when activating Events Calendar PRO for more info) .

And you provided a snippet for that:

public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php

Scroll down to line 67 and you will see this:

if ( is_readable( $this->log_file ) ) {

replace with:

if ( is_readable( $this->log_file ) && is_writable( $this->log_file ) ) {

Now each time we do an update of these plugins this snippet is gone. You said you would include the snippet in the updated plugins. Please do that because it is very frustrating and time consuming to go through all our websites and apply the snippet each time we do an update.

Thanks

Hunter

Hi and welcome,

Thank you for posting and sorry see you’re having troubles. The files you’re referring to are not included in the list of templates our Themer’s Guide applies to.

And you provided a snippet for that:

Can you provide the link where a snippet was provided?

You said you would include the snippet in the updated plugins.

Again, it would be appreciated if you could provide a link where a support team member states this snippet/feature will be incorporated into an upcoming release. Once I can locate a bug/feature report related to this subject, I can check the status and would be happy to update you with that information.

Thanks and have a pleasant rest of your weekend. Cheers!

Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

Here is the link:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/error-when-activating-events-calendar-pro/page/2/

Reply posted by Brook on February 10, 2017. The snippet was posted a couple of replies before.

Hunter

Thank you for providing the link. I’ve familiarized myself with the situation and it appears Brook never ended up logging any sort of report aimed to include the provided snippet into an upcoming version. I’ve since contacted him in hopes of learning more information, but many team members (including Brook) are on a team retreat, so it may be a little while until I hear back.

If you don’t hear from me within 7 days, feel free to reply back here on this thread and I should have more information for you. Until then, you’ll need to stick to manually updating that line of code each release.

Thanks again and enjoy what’s left of your day 🙂

Brook
    Participant

Howdy George,

Thank you for reaching out again about this. I have not forgotten it, and it is a logged upcoming bugfix we want to release. I added a ticket that indicated this fix worked for you and I predicted it would not break for the many. But we still want to have a second developer think through all the implications of this change and make sure it will work for all servers and not just yours. Perhaps it could break others? I doubt it, but there is a reason for the “bureaucracy”.

Suffice to say, that as soon as our team trip finishes I think that will happen, and then the fix will come in our next release.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Include snipped in updates’ is closed to new replies.