In Map View, How to Prevent Future Events as Default

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO In Map View, How to Prevent Future Events as Default

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lisa4945
    Participant

I’m using this plugin as a crime tracker. But criminals refuse to tell me of upcoming events. Needing to see only past events is not a problem for the list view (I’m going to list the events in reverse order), nor the monthly view. But the first page of the Map view defaults to upcoming events, which is always blank and irrelevant. How can I override this, and make the past events show up on the Map landing page?

Please see https://lakechapalareporter.com/crime-tracker/map/

Thanks,
    Lisa

lisa4945
    Participant

Hello – anyone there???

Andras
    Keymaster

Oh hello! I didn’t see you there.

🙂

Sorry, we are experiencing a high number of requests in our Help Desk at the moment, so it takes a bit longer than usual to get an answer. Nonetheless, here I am.

This essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support. With that being said, we’d love to help point you in the right direction.

Here is a sample snippet that does something similar and might help you get started on this:

https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/60cd347b4cb9e6cd70d10f64152e601a

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Let me know how that works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

lisa4945
    Participant

OK – I understand. Thought it might it simpler. What I’m going to do instead is have my own landing page with some basic info, and then just have a button with a URL to the right view. A lot simpler.

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

Yeah, that seems like a good workaround.

What you can also try is using a shortcode that comes with PRO. You can define the view and specify a date.

If the date option doesn’t suit you (for map view you can show a specific month), then you could try showing one category or featured events. In this case you will need to manually adjust the events so those show up which you want.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘In Map View, How to Prevent Future Events as Default’ is closed to new replies.