Impossible to import events from eventbrite.es

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Impossible to import events from eventbrite.es

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Àlex
    Participant

When I try to import my events from my Eventbrite Spanish account, the plugin says that the id is not valid…
    This is my event address: https://www.eventbrite.es/e/entradas-exepmle-8754255213. As you can see, there is no ‘/event/’ part on the url, and the last numbers doesn’t work as id.

We need some help.

Thanks.

Barry

Hi Àlex,

I’m sorry you’ve been hitting difficulties.

This is my event address: https://www.eventbrite.es/e/entradas-exepmle-8754255213. As you can see, there is no ‘/event/’ part on the url, and the last numbers doesn’t work as id.

When I test this out locally I have no difficulty whatsoever importing that event, just by pasting 8754255213 into the Eventbrite Event ID field and clicking on the “Go” button – it all works as expected and the event is imported successfully.

With that in mind, I’m unsure why you’d be hitting difficulties with this. Can you confirm your user profile contains your Eventbrite API key? What is the actual error you are seeing (if any) when you try to import?

Last but not least, it looks like you already tried running through our standard troubleshooting steps: can you confirm that didn’t highlight any plugin or theme conflicts?

Àlex
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

We’re doing out best to help Àlex, but sometimes we need to spend some time gathering information before we can form an idea as to what is happening.

The screenshot of the error is appreciated – except I can’t view it, it doesn’t seem to complete loading. Can you upload it to a service like Dropbox, Droplr or similar and provide a link there?

Àlex
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Can you share the actual eventbrite ID you are using, and additionally share the URL of the event itself (as it is on eventbrite.es)?

Àlex
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Strange. Whether I use your API key or my own, I can successfully import that event (by pasting 8754255213 into the Eventbrite Event ID field and clicking on the “Go” button – just as described in my first reply).

• Can you confirm you have followed all of the set up steps in the new user primer?
    • Can you also confirm the answer to my question regarding running through our standard troubleshooting steps? Did you manage to do this and what was the result?
    Àlex
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

I tend to think it wouldn’t be a file permissions issue: it sounds like the plugin is running essentially as expected, besides this problem, and it doesn’t write to the file system at any point so that shouldn’t be the issue.

What if you create a new WordPress installation in the same hosting directory (in a subdirectory, for instance) just to test things out there – with just The Events Calendar and our Eventbrite plugin does it work as expected? If so that would at least tell us that the problem is a conflict of some kind and not, say, an incompatibility with the hosting environment itself.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Impossible to import events from eventbrite.es’ is closed to new replies.