Imports events multiple times

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Imports events multiple times

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    rhythmtravels
    Participant

Answer to: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/facebook-events-importing-events-multiple-times-2/#post-768992

Plug-in is set to hourly auto import.
    I’m using it to import from third party facebook pages.

Will the next version import the ticket link?

Josh
    Participant

Hello rhythmtravels,

Thanks for following up with us! This information is definitely helpful!

A couple of quick questions based on your responses:

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>With the events pulling from a Third-party Facebook pages, are the events being duplicated a couple of times or are they being duplicated many times?</span>
    2. Were you able to add the snippet to your theme’s functions.php file so we can review the information about the duplicated events?

Finally, in regards to your request about Facebook links, I do not believe they will be available in the next release however there is some good information on this post that will help you to generate those links for your events.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

rhythmtravels
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hello rhythmtravels,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize again for persistence of this issue. Does it persist if you switch the frequency to Twice Daily?

In regards to the snippet, if we turned it into a plugin would you be able to upload a zip file so we can get some extra detail to help us in diagnosing or recreating the issue?

Thanks!

rhythmtravels
    Participant

yes a plug-in would work.

Josh
    Participant

This reply is private.

rappnews
    Participant

Follow up to the question Josh asked in https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/facebook-events-importing-events-multiple-times-2/ (Can’t answer there because the thread has been closed.)

The issue persists with imports occurring twice daily.

rhythmtravels
    Participant

Where’s the plug-in?

Josh
    Participant

Hello rhythmtravels,

Sorry for the delay, you can download the plugin here. Let me know when you’ve gotten that activated.

Thanks!

rhythmtravels
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hello rhythmtravels,

Thanks for following up with us!

I’m looking back over the thread and realized that I don’t have a URL for your site that is experiencing the issue. Could you provide that in a private reply as well? I apologize for that oversight on my part.

Thanks!

rhythmtravels
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hello rhythmtravels,

Thanks for providing the link! I just checked the query and it looks like we’re able to get the event query information for each event.

Now that we have that, one theory we have about what may be causing the issue is single Facebook events getting different event IDs when they’re updated or if something is changed on Facebook’s side. For us to test this, could you send us a link to events that were duplicated on import from Facebook.

I’m sorry again for any inconvenience. Since we’ve been unable to reproduce on our side, having the ability to view this information from the duplicated events will be invaluable in helping us to figure out the issue.

Thanks!

rhythmtravels
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hello rhythmtravels,

Thanks for these! I’ve passed the links on to our developers so they can get a closer look at what is going on with these duplicated events.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Imports events multiple times’ is closed to new replies.