Facebook Events importing events multiple times

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events importing events multiple times

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rappnews
    Participant

I found a couple of threads about this but none that seemed to end in resolution. We frequently have events that are imported many times (for the same event). For instance, over the weekend the importer created 50 pending events for what should have been only three separate events.

We have Facebook Events configured to give newly imported events a status of pending, if that’s relevant. Events are set to be imported hourly.

Josh
    Participant

Hello rappnews,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

This is definitely a strange issue to be having. I did some research and found some similar issues happening in older versions of the plugin. To verify again, you are using the latest versions of all of our plugins (3.7)?

Also, does the issue occur if you switch the frequency to Daily or Twice Daily?

In the meantime, I’ll bring this back up with our dev team to see where everything stands with this issue?

Thanks!

rappnews
    Participant

Yes, we’re on 3.7 for all three of our Tribe plugins (The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar Pro, and The Events Calendar:Facebook Events). We were hoping that the issue might go away with the upgrade to 3.7, but it hasn’t.

I have changed the frequency to twice daily and we’ll monitor to see if it continues to occur.

I’m not sure if it’s relevant, but this is a multi-site installation.

Josh
    Participant

Hello rappnews,

Thanks for following up with us!

I’ve noted the use of multisite in our system and investigating whether that would be influencing the issue you’re currently experiencing.

Also, thanks for trying out the change in frequency. I’ll follow up with you in a couple of days to see if the duplication has continued to persist with this changed setting.

Thanks!

rhythmtravels
    Participant

I have this issue to. It takes a lot of space at my webhost as it also multiplies images.

Josh
    Participant

Hello rhythmtravels,

In the future, it is best to open a new ticket while referencing a similar ticket so we can ensure that your request is answered as quickly as possible.

But, thanks for reaching out to us! I’ve submitted a bug report and we are looking into the issue. In the meantime, have you also had your frequency set to “Hourly” for that import? Also, are you on a multisite installation?

Thanks!

reservect
    Participant

I’m also having this issue. I’ve noticed that it doesn’t do it hourly but I have tested it across all intake times and without fail. It will import the data and picture, then the next day i’ll see the same event is listed 3 more times on the dates. I’m testing today to see if it only happens on the day of an event or if it’s just happening over night, but it’s soaking up my media in WP and making it difficult to find anything. I’ve even seen it do it to previous events that are no longer valid.

Josh
    Participant

Hello reservect,

Thanks for your input on this topic!

We’re now in the process of trying to recreate this issue so we can pursue a solution for an upcoming release. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have in the meantime but know we are working on a solution for this issue.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If anyone has any  further notes on this issue, please open a new ticket to express the specifics of your issue.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we continue to investigate this issue.

We have again been unable to replicate the issue on our end. However, after a team discussion over this issue yesterday, we have come up with a few theories that we’ll need your help in testing.

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Would it be possible for any of you to provide a database dump that contains the duplicated event data?</span>
    2. If you are unable to provide a database dump, would you be able to temporarily add this snippet to your theme’s functions.php so we can see the full query detail for these duplicated events?
    3. For potentially finding a consistent variable between users having these issues, are you using a Facebook page you manage or a third-party Facebook page for auto importing your events?

We look forward to hearing back from anyone who is able to assist. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused but be assured we are working to find a solution.

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that a fix for this problem is included in our upcoming release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

If you experience any issues after updating your plugins to the new versions, please open a new thread in the forum and we’d be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your patience while we expand and improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events importing events multiple times’ is closed to new replies.