Importing Facebook is not done

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Importing Facebook is not done

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Marcus.
    Marcus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Marcus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Marcus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

I don’t think so.

The tables you listed are correct for a new installation.

By default WordPress uses the “wp_” prefix, so tables would be wp_commentmeta, wp_options, wp_posts, wp_postmeta and so on.

In the new installation your prefix is “wp_event”, so the rest is added after that: wp_eventcommentmeta, wp_eventoptions, etc.

I guess you set the prefix to that when installing the new site.

Your prefix can be anything. It is good for security if you set it to something else than the default “wp_”. And for readability it’s good to have it end with an underscore “_”.

Hope this explains.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcus
    Participant

Hello Andras!

I know, that was correct.

But the Database-Tables are

No eventcommentmeta, no eventoptions and so on. And I do not know why they do not exist

Andras
    Keymaster

It is possible, however then you would get a bunch of errors with any and every page visit, as basically all pages need to access the wp_options table.

I can think of several things:

• Are you checking the right server, right database? (Asking from experience 🙂 Once I spent an hour doing modifications in the wrong database and was wondering why the changes don’t work.)
    • All the tables have been renamed by some other plugin for security reasons. However I find this unlikely.
    • If you are using phpmyadmin, then you have the option to hide some tables from view.

What happens if you do a database dump? Do you see the tables in the dump?

Andras

Barry

Hi Marcus,

I wanted to drop a brief update in here. Though we don’t have a fix available just yet, we’ve pinpointed what we hope is the underlying bug and are now working toward a definitive fix.

As ever, we’ll keep you posted: I’d advise also that the very next release of The Events Calendar is unlikely to contain the fix — but we’ll certainly strive to get it in place thereafter.

Thanks again for your support and patience while we looked into this.

Marcus
    Participant

It must be at the prefix. I have now again set up a new WordPress installation, the prefix, which I took also with my live side, and the above tables are missing again all

Andras
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what could be happening there. Note though, that if the tables are missing, especially the wp_options table, then your site wouldn’t open up at all, it would definitely give you an error.

Andras

Marcus
    Participant

Hello Andras,

The database table options is available. But I thought the plugin events calendar created the following tables:

_eventcommentmeta
    _eventcomments
    _eventlinks
    _eventoptions
    _eventpostmeta
    _eventposts
    _eventtermmeta
    _eventterms
    _eventterm_relationships
    _eventterm_taxonomy
    _eventusermeta
    _eventusers

And they are not available on the page where it does not work.

But apparently I was wrong. It is not the prefix

Andras
    Keymaster

Our plugins don’t create any additional tables. We use the existing ones, _posts, _postmeta etc.

It might be the WP FullCalendar plugin that creates the extra tables.

A.

Marcus
    Participant

Ah, okay!

Is it possible that the plugin creates a record in the table _options named cron?

This is because the newly installed installation contains this record, but it is missing in the table of the live page.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi, I checked on my test site. Yes, there is an option_name with cron that belongs to our plugins, more specifically Event Aggregator. If that is missing, that definitely could cause this issue.

How to get it back? I checked with the developers and removing the Event Aggregator license key (Events > Settings > License) then adding it again (which triggers a validation check), then saving after green validation should re-create that entry.

If you want to go the longer way, then you can try this process:

1. Deactivate all calendar plugins
    2. Delete The Events Calendar plugin (only that one is enough)
    3. Unlink your Event Aggregator license code from your site in your account here
    4. Reinstall The Events Calendar from the .org repository and activate it
    5. Enter the Event Aggregator license key on your site
    6. Activate the other calendar plugins
    7. Check if the entry exists

This is basically a general installation process so the cron entry should get created.

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Facebook is not done’ is closed to new replies.