Importing Events from XML

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Importing Events from XML

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Monika
    Participant

Hello,
    I need your advice. We use Events Calender and Events Aggregator on our website, currently we are only able to import Facebook events there (but there are very few events in our city Vienna that have Facebook event page created). Therefore, we have big events sources that offer us XML feed. Is it possible to use this to import (and schedule import of) events from XML? We are thinking of buying Events Calendar PRO now but not sure if it will help us? (FYI – our directory website is running on WordPress theme Listing pro and we also have bought WP Allimport premium bundle).
    I can immagine having TWO separate events calendars on our page – one run by Events Aggregator fetching events from Facebook (plus adding some from XML if possible…is it?) and a separate PREMIUM calender for premium paid events only that would only import top events data from 2-3 largest ticket selling platforms as XML feed. Is that feasable? If we buy Events Calendar PRO for this will we be able to get those XML data imported? Or do we need a different plugin? Please advise
    Many thanks
    Monika

Monika
    Participant

referring to my question https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/importing-events-from-xml/

Just adding an example of the events XML feed we need to import/schedule for import plus display in a visually appealing way (photo view style):
    http://www.wien-ticket.at/xmlfeed/?for=falter&__wtagent=468822

Hope this helps. PLease advise on which plugin to use for that.
    Thank you
    Monika

Hi Monika,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Our Event Aggregator (EA) product only imports from the iCal format or specific APIs (e.g. from one The Events Calendar site to another). It does not handle XML.

If you can get your data in an iCal format (check it validates, like at http://severinghaus.org/projects/icv/), I’d say it would work with EA.

Alternatively, you could use our CSV import or the native WordPress Importer (which is XML but a very specific format, really only useful if exported from one WordPress site to another).

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Events from XML’ is closed to new replies.