Imported Events not Updating or Deleting (now with Google Calendar)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Imported Events not Updating or Deleting (now with Google Calendar)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nrcaknights
    Participant

This is a repeat of our previous ticket. We were using Microsoft Office 365 for our school calendar, but events were not being updated on the website when they were updated on the Office 365 calendar. In that thread, Jaime stated that Microsoft’s feed does not provide unique IDs for calendar events, therefore the events can not be updated properly. She suggested that we use a Google Calendar.

We have since migrated our school calendar over to a Google Calendar, but are still experiencing the same behavior. We created a test event on September 3rd, called Test Event. The event was then created in The Evens Calendar on our website. We then moved the event to September 2nd, but the event is not updating. When I manually preview the import, the event is showing on the correct day, September 2nd, but the original event on September 3rd is never being updated.

nrcaknights
    Participant

This reply is private.

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

If an event changes dates, the event should update when the event is re-imported on your site if you have the Event Update Authority set to overwrite changes from the source.

Can you try changing your Event Update Authority and see if that helps?

You can read more about that here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/#update-authority

As for events deleted from your Google Calendar, you will need to delete those events manually from your site, as that feature is not currently available through Event Aggregator.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

nrcaknights
    Participant

I will test this with Event Update Authority set to overwrite changes. However, bases on the link you sent me we should be able to have Event Update Authority set to “Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.” and the events should be updated, with the exception of any fields that were editing through The Events Calendar. There is nothing on the knowledgeable page provided that states event does will not be updated with preserve local changes is selected.

I apologize if the documentation is confusing.  I have tested this functionality out on my own site and Google Calendar, and what I found is that the event will update if the Event Update Authority is set to Overwrite.

It will not update if the Event Update Authority is set to “preserve changes”.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Imported Events not Updating or Deleting (now with Google Calendar)’ is closed to new replies.