Imported Events not Updating or Deleting

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Imported Events not Updating or Deleting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nrcaknights
    Participant

We are importing events, every 30 minutes, from an Office 365 caledar to our school website. Any new events created on the Office 365 calendar are created and displayed correctly. However, any existing events that are changed or even deleted from the Office 365 calendar are not being updated or deleted in the Events Calendar.

We currently have “Event Update Authority” set to “Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.” The events that have been updated on the Office 365 calendar have not been edited in any way on the Events Calendar.

When I do a preview of the import, these events are showing correctly, but when the import completes, they are not updated.

Two examples are:
    – “Test Event” on August 3, 2008 from 10:00-11:00am –> deleted on the Office 365 calendar
    – “Seventh Grade Class Trip” on September 10, 2008 –> moved to September 7, 2018 on the Office 365 calendar

Thanks so much for reaching out!

In general, events that are deleted from your Office 365 calendar are not automatically deleted from your calendar on your site.  These events will need to be deleted manually.

You can also add this idea to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

nrcaknights
    Participant

Thank you for that info. What about events that are modified or changed, for example a date change?

Yes, date changes should be reflected in your scheduled imports.  I just tested this functionality on my own site and saw the date change when I ran an On Demand import.

Are you seeing the same results?

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

nrcaknights
    Participant

The updated event shows correctly when I preview the import, but when the import is complete the event has not been updated. We are running scheduled imports every 30 minutes.

Thank you,
    Doug

Hi Doug,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing these results.

Would you mind providing me with the URL that you are importing, so that I can run some tests on my end as well?

Let me know if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

nrcaknights
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

nrcaknights
    Participant

This reply is private.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Imported Events not Updating or Deleting’ is closed to new replies.