Import not bringing in all events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Import not bringing in all events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alyssa Garrett
    Participant

Hi there,
    We have three different websites that we upload the same excel file to. We have been having problems where it will work fine on two of our websites, but it will only bring in 5 events on the third website. And it rotates on which site it works for. So it seems pretty random. Can you please help me get to the bottom of this?

Thank you

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with importing. Let me try to help you solve it.

What is the setup of the 3 sites? Are they using the same plugins and same plugin versions?

Are the calendar plugins updated to the latest version? (If not, then creating a full file and database backup before any update is always recommended.)

What is the excel file that you are trying to import? Could you share that with me so I can run some tests?

Could you also share with me the system information of the websites? The easiest way to do this is to go to Events > Help > System Information section and check the box that says “Yes, automatically share my system information with the Modern Tribe support team”. Otherwise here is a guide for an alternative (copy-paste) solution.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Alyssa Garrett
    Participant

Hi Andras,

They single-install wordpress sites. We have 3 of them. They have the same plugins. Not sure about versions. It says there is a new version of Events Calendar Pro available on one of our sites, but it says that our license key is invalid. I tried updating it but it didn’t work so I am having our developer look into it. Maybe you know of a solution? It thecapistranodispatch.com.

But it’s weird because it appears to be at random. One week it won’t work on one site, then the next week it will. And it won’t work on another site.

But we upload it every week and every week one of our sites won’t take all of the events.

Attached the excel file in this email.

And I shared the system information as requested.

Thank you for your help with this

Alyssa Garrett
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the file. I checked and tested it.

At first when I tired it unmodified with all the blank lines, then I had trouble generating the preview.

When I removed the extra lines from the end and from between the events, then I could import it, but still with errors. I got the success message that 9 were imported, but actually only 7 were.

Then I looked at the contents of the file more closely and discovered that the ones that were not imported have some funky characters in them. Take a look at this screenshot.

Not sure how those extra characters got there, but I’m sure if you get rid of those, the import will work.

If potentially you would like to keep those funky characters, then your other option is to convert that csv file to UTF8 encoding. Should be as easy as opening it with Notepad (on Windows) and when doing a Save as… you set the encoding to UTF8 instead of ANSI.

Try and let me know if that helps solve the issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Import not bringing in all events’ is closed to new replies.