Import from time.ly (ICS or XML)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Import from time.ly (ICS or XML)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Liz Mayer

We are looking to move form TIme.ly calendar to this one, possibly.

We have 1500 or so events already in time.ly and there is a built-in export to xml or to ics, but not to csv.

Can I import one of those two formats?

If i have to create a csv I’d need a list of your fieldnames, etc…can do it that way but rather not.

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Liz. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Our Event Aggregator (EA) product can import iCalendar URLs or .ics files

You could use it with our free version of The Events Calendar (i.e. you don’t need Events Calendar PRO or any other add-ons to use EA).

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Liz Mayer

Hi,

I will need a public event add form, and that is an add-on I believe.

I’ll set up a test site and try this out – many thanks.

Liz Mayer

OK. If I need both a public facing event form (with events held for moderation, I assume that is built in) and the (one time) ics import, can I have both of those features with Pro or do I have to make two different add-on purchases?

Cliff

Community Events (CE) is the add-on that enables front-end submissions, which can be immediately published or set to Draft status. You can have anonymous submissions (non-logged-in) or require them to be logged in before they see the form. They can also see a list of all the events they’ve created.

So, to be clear, you can buy EA, CE, and/or Pro. You don’t need Pro to run EA or CE.

If you do have Pro + CE, the CE form will be able to create recurring events and enter data for Additional Fields that you setup.

If you plan to buy multiple add-ons, check out our Bundles for a possible deal.

Please let me know if anything is still not yet clear.

Liz Mayer

WE need to be able to set up recurring events so it seems we need Pro, and we need CE for sure.

The aggregator looks great but as this is a one-time thing I may try to import via csv first. I see it says “100 events per day” – I want to bring in 1500 on one day then dont need it again, basically. Is that possible?

Is there a bundle for those 3? I don’t see one on your site but…

Cliff

The lowest-level license allows for 100 import sources per day. So really it’s 1 in your case. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregators-import-limits-work/ has the nitty-gritty.

Some people do use it just for a one-time conversion import. You could buy it, try it, if you don’t need it, use our refund policy. Or maybe you keep it around for a year and don’t renew, in case you find other sources to import from, such as Facebook, Google Calendar, another site’s iCal Feed, etc.

We do not have a bundle for PRO + CE + EA. Sometimes we offer a small discount when purchasing 3+ or 4+ products, but it would be on a case-by-case basis and any initial purchase discounts (including pre-built Bundles) do not continue to renewal pricing.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Import from time.ly (ICS or XML)’ is closed to new replies.