Import errors with scheduled Facebook page imports

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import errors with scheduled Facebook page imports

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Shane
    Participant

Hi TEC team

I’ve recently purchased licence keys for TEC Pro and EA and all appeared to be working well with 3 or so scheduled Facebook page imports. I’ve since added many more (87) to run daily, but almost all the imports are receiving errors. Yesterday the error was mostly ‘Import failed’ and today it’s mostly ‘Import failed: the import being fetched is not queued up for importing. Please try the import again.’

A few points that may/may not help since I see others are having similar problems; I was using TEC & EA on a single WordPress site for testing. I then cloned that site using the Cloudways application clone tool (Digital Ocean is my hosting via Cloudways) and then converted that cloned site into a WP multisite top-level site. I then created a sub-site and activated all the TCS plugins and licence keys. In the ‘Settings>Imports’ on the other two sites, I ticked the ‘Disable Event Aggregator imports’ and also believe I deleted the existing scheduled imports just to be sure. In the process, I’ve also changed domains. Not sure if any of it is relevant but including just in case.

The only other thing I notice is that most of the imports are scheduled at exactly the same time, down to the minute in some cases.

Please help as I can’t use your product right now!

Thanks
    Shane

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/facebook-events-not-importing-to-aggregator/

Shane
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Shane!

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m sorry you are experiencing those issues with the Event Aggregator. Let me try to help you with this.

We’ve just released a new version of The Events Calendar where we fixed an issue that would prevent Event Aggregator scheduled imports from running. So, please make sure to update to the latest version and see if it solves your issue.

Thanks for reporting the system information error message. I will flag this to the team to see if your WordPress installation path could be an issue here.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Shane
    Participant

Hi Victor

Thanks for advising. I have updated but the problem still exists. Please advise if there is anything I need to do to ensure the update has been successfully applied, e.g. reinstall plugins etc.

I notice others are reporting the same/similar error:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-not-working-9/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-are-not-running/

The strange part about the errors is that the failed imports seem completely random. Last night I changed 10 of the scheduled imports to run every 30 mins instead of daily. After checking the history this morning, it seemed the events were successfully importing every second run … but after checking further, you can see the N o w h e r e entry only successfully imported 1 out of 4 times, so even that is not the case.

I also noticed that logging into wp-admin seems to trigger the scheduled imports to run (particularly noticeable on the daily schedule), as typically when I check the history the imports are listed as ‘1 min ago’.

See screenshots for a sample of the 10 events I ran overnight. All have the error ‘Import failed: the import being fetched is not queued up for importing. Please try the import again.’

Please help!

Shane
    Participant

FYI I tried scheduling 5 brand new FB page URLs that I haven’t used before as a test – same inconsistency and errors, see screenshot.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Shane!

Thanks for coming back with all that information.

It seems now you are already using the latest version, so no need to perform any further action.

If you changed 10 of your imports to run every 30 minutes you will be hitting your 100 imports limit for your license. You can learn more about it here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregators-import-limits-work/. So you should edit those scheduled imports to accommodate for 100 imports per day.

Could you please go to your wp-admin > Events > Help and send us a screenshot of the Event Aggregator System Status panel?

What happens if you go to Events > Import > Scheduled Imports tab and manually run one of those failing imports? Does it work? Let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Shane
    Participant

Hi Victor

Yes, I understand the 100 per day limit, I have removed the 30 min runs.

If I manually run one of the failed imports, it seems to work. I did get two items with an error ‘Import failed: Event Aggregator server has blocked your request. Please try your import again later or contact support to know why’ but I did run 10 items almost simultaneously so maybe it was just a load issue. I ran those two again and they worked fine.

It appears to be the scheduled runs that are the issue.

Thanks
    Shane

Shane
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Shane!

Thanks so much for your cooperation so far.

It looks like your EA license is active and properly working for your site.

Manual or One-time imports should not be a problem, but scheduled imports could be failing due to how many simultaneous imports you are running.

You mentioned running 10 imports at the same time, so could you please try editing your scheduled imports so that your site does not run more than 5 scheduled imports at the same time? This will likely help to prevent how many failed imports you experience, specially if the import sources have many events.

Please let us know the progress of your scheduled imports.

Thanks,
    Victor

Shane
    Participant

Hi Victor

Apologies for the delay in responding – I did try this, and have edited the import times to be varying times apart i.e. 1 minute, 30 mins etc but the same error occurs randomly (seems to be no consistency in terms of which imports succeed or fail):

‘Import failed: the import being fetched is not queued up for importing. Please try the import again.’

Are others experiencing this same issue? I am keen to work with you to try and resolve as currently I need to manually run almost 100 imports each day, as the manual/one-time imports seem to work OK. I eventually would like to increase my EA licence and run 100+ imports which will make it even more time consuming.

Please let me know what we can do.

Thanks
    Shane

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Shane!

Don’t worry about the delay in getting back to us. We are always here to help. Bear in mind that the thread will auto-close after a couple of weeks of inactivity.

Thanks for making all those tests and for coming back with the results. I understand that some of your scheduled imports are able to run but some others throw the error message you mention. Could you please confirm this is the issue you are experiencing right now?

We have a couple of other users that reported similar issues, but it’s difficult to determine if they are related as there are many different variables involved.

Could you please send us a dump of your database in a private reply? It will allow us to have a closer inspection and run some tests with it to see if we can find the source of the problem.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience so far.

Best,
    Victor

Shane
    Participant

Hi Victor

Yes, a few scheduled imports run successfully each time but the large majority fail with that error (see attached).

One thing I have noticed is that when I save scheduled imports to run at a specific time, they do not always run at that time. Also, the manual imports I run appear in the history tab at a different time that I run them. e.g. I ran the manual imports around 8:57am local time yesterday (UTC+7) but when I check today, they are saved in the history at 1:57am which appears to be UTC+0 – not sure if this has any effect on the scheduled imports but given the error specifically mentions ‘not queued’ I wanted to let you know.

See attached export options for DB – please advise if these settings are OK for the dump.

Thanks
    Shane

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Shane!

Thanks for following up with this.

I don’t think the time difference is a problem in this case, but thanks for clearing that out.

I think those setting are fine for the database export. Please send it to us in a private reply. If the file is too large, please use a third party service like Dropbox or Google drive to send it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Shane
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Import errors with scheduled Facebook page imports’ is closed to new replies.