Import Calendar from our main site to another website

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import Calendar from our main site to another website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Louise
    Participant

Hello,

We purchased iCal Importer a little while ago under the impression that we could import the events from one of our calendar to one on another site (vankleekhill.ca). We were going to do this since embedding the calendar is not an option. I followed this thread to be able to import a year forward rather than only a month but for some reason the link (https://thereview.ca/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=year) isn’t displaying any events.

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Louise,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! I’m sorry you are having issues with importing events from another site.

I also checked that thread now, which you are referring to  and I saw this mention there:

At this time there is no way to do more than one month at a time.

Unless you also use the snippet linked there, you will not be able to do an import like that for events one year ahead.

However, you can try to use the other method described here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-wordpress-export-tools-to-migrate-events-content/

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Louise
    Participant

I was talking about this reply. We need something that happens automatically and that can go at least on year in advance because people use the site to view upcoming events months in advanced. Ideally the two calendars could sync or communicate with each other so that whenever an event is added to one it can be added to the other.

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Louise,

Thanks for clarifying that. As George already stated in that thread, that “is not an official product or anything, so it may not work, and if it does not then we are unfortunately not able to troubleshoot it.”

I checked the feed link you sent and I get to download an .ics file. If I try to import that with Event Aggregator or iCal importer, then the import works. I know this is not automated, but that’s the only solution I can suggest at the moment. I believe downloading that file and running an import once a week should be easily doable.

I’m really sorry I’m not able to give you an automated solution at the moment. If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Calendar from our main site to another website’ is closed to new replies.