Images not importing, and venues as well.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Images not importing, and venues as well.

• This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Charles Daly.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Charles Daly
    Participant

When sorting through my pending imports, I noticed today that the images and venues are not importing in. Nothing has changed on my site.

Charles Daly
    Participant

As a follow up, the old legacy Facebook importer does work.

George
    Participant

Hey Charles,

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like these are imports from Facebook. Can you share links to events and pages whose images and venues are not importing with Event Aggregator? I will test it on my own site and see what I find.

Thanks!
    George

Charles Daly
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, Yes they are Facebook events. Here are some of the links.

http://www.facebook.com/YourBangorPublicLibrary
    http://www.facebook.com/CrossCenterBangor
    http://www.facebook.com/SpectacularEventCenter

There are more but I thought I would just give you these to see.

George
    Participant

Thanks for this, Charles!

For me, I am not getting any issues with importing the venues. The venues get imported fine and added to my site as “new venues”.

I do, however, notice that featured images aren’t importing. I am investigating this further and am going to reach out to a developer on our team for some insight on this. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, can you clarify if you are doing “Scheduled Imports”? Or are you doing “One-time Imports”? Do you get different results in either case, with venues being imported for example?

↑ To be clear, I am talking about Event Aggregator only here. While Facebook Events may work well for now, it is a deprecated plugin that we no longer support, and so I would recommend removing it from your site and only using Event Aggregator.

Thank you!
    George

Charles Daly
    Participant

I am using the events aggregator. I just was trying to offer some other information as far as the Facebook import plugin. I tried it only to see if it would work.

As for one time or scheduled, I have tried both and it has the same result.

George
    Participant

Hey Charles,

Thanks for confirming that.

I have confirmed that the absence of Featured Images is a known bug that our team is now working on.

I will keep you posted on the progress of that bug fix!

In the meantime, I can’t recreate any problems with the importing of Venues. Here is what I would recommend doing from this point:

1. Delete “The Events Calendar: Facebook Events” from your site. Since you’re not using any more, just deactivate it and then delete it from your site.

2. Does anything improve with the importing of venues?

If NO, then proceed:

3. Do the complete set of troubleshooting steps on this page → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ After EACH STEP in that process, go do another test import. Does anything improve with the importing of venues?

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,
    George

Charles Daly
    Participant

Good morning, Been a couple of days. Any word on the fix for the featured image? I don’t at all want to sound negative, but this is a huge inconvenience. Really need find a solution that will reduce the time it takes to manually add the image.

Martin
    Participant

I have the same problem.. Big issue..

George
    Participant

Hey Charles,

The fix is in progress and should be arriving this week or next, though there is unfortunately not a specific release date yet.

Have you been able to do the steps I recommended in regards to the venue import issues? If so let us know what you find!

And thanks for adding your voice here, Martin—this thread will be updated when the fix is published, so stay tuned.

— George

Charles Daly
    Participant

Good morning,

I am just checking to see the status of the update. On another note, the venue issues seems to be working ok now.

Charles

George
    Participant

I’m glad to hear about the venues importing well for now, Charles! The images issue is still being worked on, but a fix is being tested and is in the QA process.

So, while this is of course subject to change, it should hopefully be arriving next week.

Stay tuned! 😀

— George

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should restore the Event Aggregator that lets Facebook event images get imported as “Featured Images” into WordPress.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-3-event-tickets-4-3-3-premium-plugins/

I hope this update helps!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Images not importing, and venues as well.’ is closed to new replies.