Image of a featured event to big

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Image of a featured event to big

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Christian Renner
    Participant

Hi,
    I like to show all the events in a list view on the site. But the images for the featured events are to big. I would like to have the same layout for the featured events as for the normal events. The image of the left side of the text. Maybe with a blue colored background.

How can I change this?

BR
    Christian

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi! After reviewing your request this essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support.

With that being said, we’d love to help point you in the right direction.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to attempt the results that you are looking for.

For your customization, you may want to take a look at this template:

If you’d prefer not to tackle this customization on your own, we may be able to assist you further. We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

In the meantime, if there is any more information you can share (including mocks) that will help us to better understand what you are seeking please do feel free to add them to this ticket.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Thanks!

Brendan

Christian Renner
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

sorry for the late answer. I was out of office.

The changing of the layout is not much needed yet.
    But it would be nice, if you can have a deeper look.

You give me a hint for a template. But you didn’t named the template 🙂

„For your customization, you may want to take a look at this template:….“

BR
    Christian

Brendan
    Keymaster

Sorry, not sure why that didn’t go through.

Template is: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/content.php

Thanks,
    Brendan

Christian Renner
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

thank you for your answer. But where can I found the PHP-template for a featured event in a list?
    Or is is online managed by CSS?

BR

Christian

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The Events Calendar simply uses the default WordPress Featured Image functionality, so it pulls the same Featured Image size settings that are already on your site.

You can change the settings of your featured images in WordPress under Settings > Media. Change the dimensions of the Medium Size, etc and this will take effect.

Otherwise, yes, CSS would be an alternative and you can target the image container using something like:

.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-image {
    width: 20%; /* or whatever size */
    }

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. ?

Cheers!
    Brendan

Christian Renner
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

sorry, but this to suggestions doesn’t work. If I change the resolution in the settings of wordpress, than only the resolution of the image, not the size of the image. You can see the result here:

https://bad-salzhausen.de/events/

The CSS trick is also unsuccessful. I want to change only the size of the images of the featured event. not all events.

BR
    Christian

Christian Renner
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

on your site you have this what I want to have:
    The appearance of the featured event is the same like a normal event:
    https://wpshindig.com/events/list/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe_featuredevent%5B%5D=1

I would like to have it in the same way 🙂

BR
    Christian

Christian Renner
    Participant

Sorry Brandon, my last reply was wrong. The filter didn’t work in the right way.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Yes, this falls out of support and more like customization. I can add this to a different queue if you would like and when they get a chance can maybe help further. Basically its a queue that devs work on when other support tasks are low so I can’t give a time on fast they would be able to get to it.

Let me know.’

Thanks,
    Brendan

Christian Renner
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Yes please Ad this to a different queue. Today I am going in Holiday. So the Problem is not so time relevant

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Will do!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Image of a featured event to big’ is closed to new replies.