I’m realy disappointed and kinda angry….

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator I’m realy disappointed and kinda angry….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

I switched to Event Aggregator form Facebook events….
    And this are my problems:
    1. The import spams my comments with tons of error messages
    2. Import doesn’t work
    3. in case it works there are missing the organizers.. but of course not anytime
    4. the view of new import is broken if i lock into my site by https…. if i log in via http it is ok…..
    5. it seams that the new aggregator is slowing down my complete website…. and uses tons of runtime resources….

I´m importing from 65 Facebook sites and i never had problems with the Facebook event plugin.
    I realy looked forward for the agregator because it should solve a lot of my problems and wishes…. but now nothing works anymore….

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Thomas,

I really do appreciate your taking the time to share this information. I am very sorry this is giving you such difficulties.

If I were in your shoes I would probably downgrade to Facebook Events while we work on patching the bugs. Downgrading a plugin is pretty easy.

1. The import spams my comments with tons of error messages

Yeah we would like to clean that up. We are planning on hiding those comments from the ordinary comment views, and also removing duplicate ones entirely.We had ~500 beta testers along with a large team of dedicated QA people testing this for a month prior to release, but surprisingly none of them hit this issue.

2. Import doesn’t work
    3. in case it works there are missing the organizers.. but of course not anytime

This is something we are working on, it specifically relates to certain Facebook imports. A patch will be readied ASAP.

4. the view of new import is broken if i lock into my site by https…. if i log in via http it is ok…..

This is another bug we’ve encountered since launch and are working on.

5. it seams that the new aggregator is slowing down my complete website…. and uses tons of runtime resources….

This is almost certainly related to the errors you are getting. Event Aggregator’s error logger needs to be throttled. We already have a patch for this in testing, and it will be released with 4.3.2 at the latest.

To be honest, this has actually been one of our smoothest launches for a new product ever. There are bugs, which is the unfortunate nature of complex software. But they have impacted a surprisingly low number of people. I am sad to see three of the worst ones have hit you.

If Facebook Importer was working great for you before, it probably makes sense to switch back until these bugs are patched. You have an impressively fast server if it was able to import from 65 sites without an issue. We shall get back to you each time we patch one of these bugs, we’ll comment in this thread letting you know a release is ready.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Thomas
    Participant

Thx, for the advice, but I will stay on to keep on reporting…

I noticed another “feature” it seams that if an event is successful updated, that the Eventpicture is imported again… no matter if it is new or not…..
    I noticed that the aggregator seam to have massive problems with FB sites that ran out of events….

I hope that helps u investigating

Thomas
    Participant

Perhaps this one helps ?

Warnung (unterdrückt) opendir(/example/wp-content/plugins/event-aggregator): failed to open dir: No such file or directory 1 wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:259 opendir()
    wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:259
    get_plugins()
    wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php:289
    Tribe__PUE__Checker->set_plugin_name()
    wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php:301
    Tribe__PUE__Checker->get_plugin_name()
    wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php:752
    Tribe__PUE__Checker->general_notifications()
    Unbekannter Ort
    do_action(‘admin_init’)
    wp-admin/admin.php:154 Plugin: the-events-calendar

Thomas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Thomas
    Participant

Some more Infos from overhere…

Automatic Imports dont work…
    If i Start an Import by pressing “run Import” some events geht imported 2 Times as “Twins”

?

Please bring in a batch for the big Problems soon ???

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Thomas,

Updates are on their way. We have a batch of them going out today. Some of these we might even be able to fix on our servers, so no updates will be issued to the plugin in that case but the problems will go away.

If you are in a hurry to alleviate the symptoms, do not forget about the option of using Facebook Events in the mean time. While I hate to recommend downgrading, for people affected by the highest impact issues like yourself it just makes sense.

Cheers!

– Brook

Thomas
    Participant

“Twin”-Import is still “working” After the Update.

Brook
    Participant

Yeah that did not make it into the last round of updates. With each of these issues we will let you know when they do get fixed. Someone, will be tasked with notifying each affected user in the thread where it was reported. So you will get a response here letting you know what issues were fixed when an update is released.

Thanks again for your patience.

-Brook

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to inform you that we’ve just published a series of updates to our products that fixes a number of issues.

These updates should include fixes for the problems reported here, where our plugins’ scripts and stylesheets were being served over HTTP when they should’ve been served over HTTPS, or vice versa.

Learn more about this release—version 4.3.3—in the official release notes here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-3-event-tickets-4-3-3-premium-plugins/

Thanks for your patience in waiting for a fix!
    George

Thomas
    Participant

Hi and thx,

But the automatic Import still doesn’t work ?

Status Off Most sheduled imports is
    Triest: Daily
    Last Import: unknown

If I start an Import manual it works… but there still is no function for the automatic Import

Thomas
    Participant

Bugs still on the roll are:

1. sheduled Import doesn’t work
    2. in case it works (by luck, can´t see a logic) there are missing the organizers and/or sometimes the venues are missing .. but of course not anytime

by the way, please bring in some logic to the log and the sheduled Imports view, It is painful to stay informed what is realy happening with my tasks…. if i´m searching for an FB-Eventsite that i have shedulded for import i need to go through all the “panels” to find it…. this is a joke…

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for getting back Thomas. Yeah like George said the only bug that was fixed, at least that was relevant to your topic, is this one:

where our plugins’ scripts and stylesheets were being served over HTTP when they should’ve been served over HTTPS, or vice versa.

Which of course you were already able to work around.

there are missing the organizers and/or sometimes the venues are missing .. but of course not anytime

We are working on this. It is now a priority 1 bug, and something we are going to address in the next maintenance release (which will either be 4.4.1 or 4.3.4). We have already done about half the work on it, but were not able to quite get it completed when the rest of the current 4.3.3 was ready.

Status Off Most sheduled imports is
    Triest: Daily
    Last Import: unknown

This I might be able to help you with right now. The most likely cause of that would be if WP Cron was disabled. WP Cron is the only way to schedule things in WordPress. It can be disabled, and is sometimes even disabled by website hosts.

Could you try temporarily installing the WP Crontrol  plugin? This will add a tool to WP Admin > Tools called “Cron Events”. It will show you a list of all cron jobs scheduled on your server. Could you find the one called “tribe_aggregator_cron” and see when it’s Next Run is scheduled. Is the next run time in the past? What happens if you click “Run Now. Do any of your automatic imports switch from “Unknown” to having run just now?

Cheers!

– Brook

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that a fix has finally arrived for these issues—organizers should now be imported without issues.

Grab the 4.3.4 update from today to get this bug fix. Learn more about the 4.3.4 release here.

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘I’m realy disappointed and kinda angry….’ is closed to new replies.