If certain number of tickets selected, can other ticket options be disabled?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus If certain number of tickets selected, can other ticket options be disabled?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pascal
    Participant

I run The Events Calendar Pro together with Event Ticket Plus and WooCommerce Bridge on http://www.vmbotechniekorientatie.nl. That’s my main website, but I disabled Event Ticket Plus there, because I first want to customize the plugin a bit.

So on http://www.vmbotechniekorientatie.nl/test/ I run a test instance.

Now my question is:

If certain number of tickets are selected on an event page, can other ticket options be disabled and be greyed out?

Example:

Eventually I want to have 10 options (tickets) available to choose from. But the customer can only choose a maximum of 4 tickets at a time on the event page. Per ticket there are 40 “seats” available. I know for the last one I can already set this up. But I can’t “rule out” other tickets if the customer reaches 4 chosen tickets.
    If the customer makes up his mind during selection of tickets and disables 1 of the 4 options, than the greyed out should disappair.

How can I set this up? Or do I need to hire someone?

Gr. Pascal

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Pascal.
    Pascal
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot to mention that customers should only be able to select one ticket per subject.

To get the picture:
    I organise for a certain date 10 workshops. On that certain date I have 3 time slots: 9.00 – 11.00, 12.00 – 14.00 and 15.00 – 17.00. I can set up for each time slot a separate event page.
    Each time slot has 10 tickets (workshops) to be chosen from. Each workshop has 40 “seats” available. I know I already can set this up.

But the customer should be limited to select only 1 “seat” per workshop (ticket) with a maximum of 4 different chose able workshops (tickets). So if 4 different workshops (tickets) are selected others should be greyed out.

Hope I’m explaining this well.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Pascal. Reason: Typo
    Pascal
    Participant

Hello support. I hope I get an reply today. A customer is waiting and the deadline is soon. As a premium member I hope to receive answer within 24 hours.

Now I did some work and this is an example how it will look eventually:

Maandag 09.00 – 11.00 | Basis en Kader (2e jaars)

You see that there are 48 tickets to choose from. Each ticket is from one workshops. There are 10 “seats” available per workshop.

Now my questions (almost) are the same:

– Can I make sure the cumstomer can only select one ticket (one seat) per workshop?
    – Can I make sure when there are 4 workshops chosen (for example: Metaal, Installatietechniek, Elektrotechniek and Automotive) that other workshops (tickets) get disabled?
    – How can I make it look less commercial? I use Events Tickets Plus together with WooCommerce, but I want to change the text from buttons. Example: Shopping cart to Make reservation.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Pascal,

Thanks for reaching out and I’m really sorry that you had to wait so long for the first answer.

To set your expectations right, we do strive to provide an answer within 24 hours or working days, and we promise that you will definitely get one within 48 hours (also on working days). (You can read more in detail about what we provide for license holders here.)

You have a great question there, thanks for posting it.

It is quite a complex task and while it should be doable it would take knowledge in php, css, and html to do it. I am able to answer some questions to help you get started on a customization, but for the most part that is beyond the support we can provide.

With a template override you could achieve that the maximum value for a ticket amount selector is 1, so nobody could add more than 1 ticket of a ticket type to the cart.

As for limiting it to max. 4, I believe you could use javascript and / or jQuery to check how many tickets are selected in total, and if it reaches 4, then it disables the quantity selectors that have a value of 0. Once it goes back to 3 it could re-enable them.

Does this help to get you started? Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

In case you would like to hire a developer I can share with you a list of devs from the community who might be able to help you out. We ourselves don’t take requests like that, sorry.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Here are 2 links that should also help you with creating template overrides:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/template-overview/

Cheers,
    Andras

Pascal
    Participant

Thanks, Andras. Clear answers!

Could you also answer my question about changing buttons labels and titles, to make it look less commercial?

Could you also provide me a list of developers who could make this work for me? I’m not that technical.

Thank you.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Pascal,

Sorry about missing the button part.

I believe this article will help you with that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

As for the developers you can try these guys:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘If certain number of tickets selected, can other ticket options be disabled?’ is closed to new replies.