Identify event location from RSS feed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Identify event location from RSS feed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yoni
    Participant

Hi

I am creating a nation-wide sport event calendar.
    I plan to use the event RSS feed to automatically populate a regular email newsletter with events. However I would like different emailers for different towns. Therefore I will either need:

1. a different RSS feed for events in different towns, or
    2. the town of each event to appear in the RSS feed so that I can develop a way to identify the town of each event and ensure that each mailer only populates the events of that town

From my research it appears that option 1 can only be achieved by creating categories for each town. But I think that would make things messy because I already want to use categories for different sports.

Is there a way to achieve option 2. My thinking is that perhaps I can use custom fields to list the town for each event. Would the custom field appear in the RSS feed. Do you agree that this may be the best way to proceed.

FYI – I have posted about this before but the thread was closed due to inactivty and I only now had a follow up question https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/rss-feed-filtered-by-region/

Cliff

Hi, Yoni. Thanks for sharing your use case. This functionality is not currently available.

You could request this as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page. If you post or find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

To accomplish something like this now, I think getting the events would be possible via tribe_get_events() or via our REST API. If you must then turn those results into RSS format for your emailing service, you’d have to do that as well.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Identify event location from RSS feed’ is closed to new replies.