RSS feed filtered by region

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO RSS feed filtered by region

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yoni
    Participant

Hi

I am not a developer but I am happy to hire a developer and purchase whatever premium plugins needed to achieve my request below. I am just looking to understand if what I require is possible and if so, how (at a high level).

I am looking at creating a nationwide event calendar. I would like to use the RSS feed to populate various email newsletters with event information. From what I can see on your forums it seems I can create category specific RSS feeds. Which means I can create category specific email newsletters.
    What I would like is to create region specific event mailers. In order to do that I would need to create an RSS feed which outputs events per region. Do you think that might be possible and could possibly guide how one might approach that (even if it requires custom development)?

In case the above needs more explanation – Say I have loaded events for multiple cities (new york, LA, and Chicago). I now want to create an email newsletter for each of those cities and the email newsletter will be populate automatically from RSS feeds. For the New York newsletter, I would need to create an RSS feed that only contains new york events. Alternatively, I would need the RSS feed to show all events, but within the RSS data it should stipulate the City and then I can perhaps find a way to only display events in the newsletter if they are in New York..

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Yoni,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Wow! What a challenge! 🙂

If you can create category specific RSS feeds, then my approach would be creating a separate category for each region or city and put the events in those categories.

So when you pull the RSS feed for the “New York” category, you’ll see all events.

Do you think this could work for you?

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘RSS feed filtered by region’ is closed to new replies.