iCal with featured images

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal with featured images

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Aniko Kondits
    Participant

Hi!

I’d like to have the iCal feel include the event featured image so i can pull in the full ical feed into our mobile app and show the feature image in app, but the standard ical feed doesn’t seem to include the featured image. Can you help me to solve this problem?

http://baranyapont.hu/events/kategoria/zsolnay-negyed/?ical=1&tribe_display=list

Thanks!

A.

Aniko Kondits
    Participant

I find another problem. I can export only 30 event/chategory and not more! Can we solve this problem too?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Aniko Kondits.

Hi Aniko,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Would you mind elaborating on the issue you are experiencing?  Just to clarify, are you unable to import featured images, or unable to export them?

Also, if you are exporting more than 30 events and/or categories, do you get an error?  What is your method of export?

Check under Events Settings < Help and look at your Event Log and Event Aggregator Status to see if anything unusual appears.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Aniko Kondits
    Participant

Hi!

The import working great! I would like to export events+images but I only can export the event!

The limit (30 piece) I see by my app maker, but I tested with google calendar and I also see there the limit problem too! If I have 100-200 events, I only see the forthcoming events. If somes events past, then I see new events, so if I have more then 30 events, I see always 30 events. That’a no good, I need all events!

I hope you understood, what is my problem!

Can we solve this?
    regards
    A.

Hi Aniko,

I’m glad that you are happy with the way that your imports are working!  What are you using to export your events?  If you are using the iCal export button associated with our plugin, your featured images should be exported as well.  If you are not seeing this, would you mind providing me with a link to an event on your site that you have tried to export with these results?

As for your second question, I am still confused about what you are seeing.  Would you mind providing a screenshot of where these 30 events are appearing?  If you go to Events Settings < General, you can set the number of events that you see per page.  Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Aniko Kondits
    Participant

Hi Jaime!

I use iCal link, what I copy from button! With this link I tested export in my app builder. I don’t see images, and I see the 30 limit!

http://baranyapont.hu/events/kategoria/zsolnay-negyed/?ical=1&tribe_display=list

Events Settings < General and set the number of events per page is not affect to the limit! I see only 30 piece of event!

A.

Hi Aniko,

Would you be able to point me to an event on your site that has images, that when you export it, it does not export the images?  Is the link that you provided the one that you have exported?  Also you mentioned that you export in your app builder, what app builder are you referring to?

I exported this event from your site (http://baranyapont.hu/event/cirokaek-avagy-kecskemeti-mesehosok-hetkoznapjai/) with the iCal export, into my own iCal and was able to see an image as an attachment, and when I clicked on the event, it brought me to the event page with an image.  Let me know if you are seeing different results.

Also, would you mind providing a screenshot of where these 30 events are appearing?  Are they on your calendar or somewhere else?  I just need a bit more clarity so that I can troubleshoot your issue.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Aniko Kondits
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Aniko,

Just to clarify, when you export that link to a regular iCal, are you able to see the featured image?  What app builder are you using?  If you haven’t already done so, please test this scenario using a iCal without the app builder and see if you get the same results.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Aniko Kondits
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Aniko,

One thing that you can try is to adjust the import limit type settings to “Do Not Limit”.  Sometimes, a server or a calendar service or app will overwrite this rule no matter what, but it is worth trying to see if you are able to achieve the results you are looking for.

Here is our Import Settings article for your reference:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/

Also, would you mind translating the message you shared in your screenshot into English for me?

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Aniko Kondits
    Participant

Hi Jaime!

By the import limit I always used: no limit! So that’s not solved the problem!

By google calendar import, in the attachemnt translate:
    – Import calendar
    – 30 events processed
    – 30 events have been successfully imported

regards
    A.

Hi Aniko,

Thanks for providing me with that information.  It seems that there is a limit on the number of events that can be exported at one time.  If you exporting from month view, it will only export the current month’s events.

One thing to try is the snippet provided in the following forum thread:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-export-all-events-with-the-export-listed-events/

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal with featured images’ is closed to new replies.