iCal scheduled imports issue, updates are not changed in EC

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal scheduled imports issue, updates are not changed in EC

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Waldo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Waldo
    Participant

Hi

This is what I have done so far.
    Note I am new to EC so been doing a lot of testing different options.

1st I created events manual and all was fine.
    2nd wanted to automate the event creation and manage it through iCal, this created duplicate events. I deleted all manually created events
    3rd had to update info in iCal to reflect new info, This created duplicate events and did not update existing ones from iCal
    4th deleted Plugin and reinstalled, no date was removed from the database, when I activated plugin all the events were back.
    5th wanted to start from scratch so manually deleted all events from WP EC.

now when running scheduled event update through aggregator, all the old events show to be updated with no new imported to the calendar.

How Do I remove all data in order to start from scratch?

thx

how do I clear the database of all the EC events in order to start from fresh

Nico

Hi there Waldo.

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about the inconveniences using our plugins. I’ll help you out here …

For this kind of task I always recommend the Bulk Delete plugin. It let’s you delete all posts from a given Post Type. Just in case ‘Event’ post type name is tribe_events.

Please give this tool a try and let me know if it works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Waldo
    Participant

Hi Nico

I used the Bulk Delete plugin, thx.

The issue I have is that after running an scheduled import this morning I get the following feedback from the plugin (see images)

So this is my question where is the updated info if not in the calendar or post type.

As you can see there is not 1093 existing events. Those events were deleted by me manually via the Events/Bulk Action/Move to Bin dropdown earlier in the week, yet it seems the plugin is still seeing those as existing events.

If you can shed some light on this then it would be great.

Thx

Waldo
    Participant

Hello, Anyone there?

Nico

Thanks for the feedback Waldo!

As you can see there is not 1093 existing events. Those events were deleted by me manually via the Events/Bulk Action/Move to Bin dropdown earlier in the week, yet it seems the plugin is still seeing those as existing events.

Did you completely delete the events or were they in the bin? Also, apart from the note are those 1093 events re-imported or something?

Please let me know about this,
    Best,
    Nico

Waldo
    Participant

Hi Nico

Yes completely deleted the events from the bin.

No the events aren’t re imported. That’s part of my frustration. It however appears they are updated even though they shouldn’t exist.

I’m thinking of creating a new iCal calendar and start a new feed to import. Hopefully this will get my event back up. But won’t resolve the issue.

Any more advice will be helpful.

Nico

Thanks for following up Waldo!

I must admit I’m a bit puzzled with the errors you are reporting.

No the events aren’t re imported. That’s part of my frustration.

Maybe these events are marked as ignored? To check on that this guide might help → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ignored-events/ – Also are these events in the past or are they future events?

It however appears they are updated even though they shouldn’t exist.

You mean by the sign after import? I think the error might be just in the message, as events are not re-imported!

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal scheduled imports issue, updates are not changed in EC’ is closed to new replies.