iCal not importing events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal not importing events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Christine Hehre
    Participant

Hi,

I have a site with iCal which was previously working to import events, albeit it was wiggy, as it was importing events that should have ended on a Friday and carrying them over to Saturday.

So I went to try and reset everything, in combination with the recent releases.

Ical has always been a bit buggy for me, but now on import I’m getting the error “The server responded with a malformed response. Please see the JS console for more information.”

Here is the calendar code I have: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/davincicharterschool.org_o42t4558peiq54g8a09vh3ru7o%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Here’s the front end of the calendar: https://davincicharterschool.org/calendar/

Any help is appreciated. School starts soon!

Christine

Cliff

Hi Christine. Thanks for including the iCal link.

I put your iCal link in an iCal Validator and it had this error: https://cl.ly/202P3G2b2F1T

Our iCal Importer can only be expected to import valid iCal URLs.

Please resolve the issue on your calendar or contact Google regarding this issue.

Christine Hehre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Christine Hehre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Christine Hehre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for your thorough testing!

iCal Importer keeps a record of previously-imported items and does NOT re-import them. For example, if you imported Event A from a Google Calendar URL into WordPress, then edit Event A’s date, description, anything on Google, then try to re-import it to WordPress, it will NOT import again unless you check the box at the bottom and then any edits you might have made in WordPress would be deleted.

So maybe this is what’s happening. One way to test is to create a brand new event (e.g. Testing Event on Aug 20) and see if it does come through on your DaVinci site…

Christine Hehre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Christine, do you have WP_DEBUG active? If yes, please also enable WP_DEBUG_LOG and let me know if trying the import results in the creation of this file: /wp-content/debug.log

If you do, then please also try your import with WP_DEBUG off because it might be throwing debug messages that are killing the Ajax process.

Please let me know any new information. Thanks!

Christine Hehre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Christine Hehre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Those times are in UTC, as stated after each row’s date and time. Maybe that will help them make more sense. I don’t see any WP_DEBUG errors there, just that you have our plugin’s logging turned on (I’m guessing you enabled The Events Calendar’s debug mode in addition to WP_DEBUG).

Since I couldn’t reproduce the issue and another one of your sites couldn’t reproduce the issue, I can really only continue assisting you if you provide your full system information report while in Testing for Conflicts Mode. In this case, please also share your System Information report from your other site where the iCal Importer is working properly for the iCal URL in question.

Thanks.

Christine Hehre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal not importing events’ is closed to new replies.