ICAL importing wrong time zone from Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ICAL importing wrong time zone from Google Calendar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Oystein
    Participant

When importing ical url from Google Calendar the timezone is ignored.
    Google Calendar:

Event Calendar:

I’ve tested with manual imports here:

Please advice

Cliff

Hi Oystein. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this. You might also want to check your time zone setting at wp-admin > Settings > General to see if changing that has any effect on your importing.

If it doesn’t resolve the issue, would you please provide me the ical URL or file you’re trying to import so I can investigate further?

Thank you.

Oystein
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for the info, but we avoid logging into users’ sites. Please provide the requested information if at all possible.

Oystein
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for that.

Here’s what’s in your Google Calendar link’s iCal text file that is getting imported for your “Test again” event (different event from your initial screenshot):

BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART:20160324T070000Z
    DTEND:20160324T080000Z
    DTSTAMP:20160322T180553Z
    UID:[email protected]
    CREATED:20160320T174413Z
    DESCRIPTION:
    LAST-MODIFIED:20160320T190259Z
    SEQUENCE:3
    SUMMARY:Event in Tokyo time zone
    TRANSP:OPAQUE
    END:VEVENT

I tested importing this event and it imported as an all-day event for me (which is incorrect).

I’ve passed this along to one of our developers and they think it’s related to an existing bug regarding time zone handling of imports.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. If all goes according to plan, the fix will be in a near-term release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Geoff

Hey @Oystein,

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that we released version 4.1.1 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please update to the latest version if you haven’t already and do let us know if you continue to see any issues from there. 🙂

Cheers and thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘ICAL importing wrong time zone from Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.