ICAL Importer setup issues and timezone issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator ICAL Importer setup issues and timezone issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Isabelle
    Participant

Hi,
    I purchased the iCal importer plugin and am using it with the free version of Events Calendar in the Avada theme. I have the most recent versions of all installed.

The issue:
    I set up a recurring iCal import (every hour) for this .ics file: http://business.chehalemvalley.org/Events/CalendarSync/Category.ics?id=20
    (This is a Chambermaster calendar for a Chamber of Commerce. I created a new events category and am in the testing mode so there aren’t many events in the calendar.)

When I initially created a recurring .ics import the events imported correctly. I then decided to change the calendar being imported so I deleted all the events and the recurring .ics import and then created a new recurring .ics import with a new .ics string (above). The iCal importer preview showed correctly, the 5 events that would be imported, but when I selected “import” the events weren’t imported. I then tried creating a new event in the Chambermaster calendar to see if it would sync, and it does, however, now there is only the one test event showing and the time is off by 8 hours. (I know there is another person with this same issue, so perhaps the time zone issue is already being troubleshooted.) My question: How can I get the other 5 events to import? It seems like any event that was imported the first time, won’t import again. Maybe a cache thing?

I was really excited to find your iCal importer plugin and really hope that it works for my website. Thank you for your time.

iCal Importer

Geoff

Hi @Isabelle,

Thanks so much for getting in touch and I’m sorry for the trouble! Let’s see if we can figure this out together.

First off, I do see the same issue with events being 8 hours off when importing them. If you could kindly point me to the thread where you saw that similar issue reported (I had trouble finding it), then I’d be happy to check the status of it if there’s a ticket in our system.

Once you import an event via iCal importer and then delete it, the system stores a “note” so that deleted events are not re-imported.

This plugin can completely remove trashed posts and events in the database: https://wordpress.org/plugins/rvg-optimize-database/

It does not do it by default, but there is a setting to Delete Trashed Items.

Before using that plugin it would be a good idea to backup your database just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Isabelle
    Participant

Thanks Geoff, for the info about how the system stores a “note” so that deleted events are not re-imported. … I have downloaded the plugin you recommended and think I can figure this part out.

Unfortunately, the time zones are still off and I don’t know how to fix it. I posted a note on this thread about my observations: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/timezone-data-incorrect-after-v4-upgrade/#dl_post-1036199

Thank you, looking forward to a solution.

Geoff

Hi Isabelle, thanks so much for following up! The link to the other thread helps a ton as well.

We now have a ticket in our system to check this out and I’ve added this thread to it so I can follow up with you when I know more. I don’t have a timeframe for when it will happen but I will be sure to keep you posted.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry for the trouble! More to come.

Geoff

Geoff

Hey Isabelle,

Great news–we have a fix for this issue ready and it will be shipping today in version 4.0.2. Please keep your eyes peeled for the update and let us know if any other issues pop-up in a new thread and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘ICAL Importer setup issues and timezone issues’ is closed to new replies.