iCal Importer PHP Parse error

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer PHP Parse error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Khanh
    Participant

Greetings,

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /app/www/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-importer-ical/src/Tribe/Utils/Timezone_Parser.php on line 104

I’m running PHP 5.3.29

the-events-calendar-importer-ical.4.2.0.1 works fine since it doesn’t use the Timezone_Parser.php script?

Geoff B.

Good evening Khanh and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the PHP parse error you are getting.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Before getting that info, by the looks of it, it does sound like PHP 5.3.29 could be the culprit.

If you are able to, based on experience and the type of error you are dealing with, I would recommend upgrading PHP to at least 5.4+ . WordPress even recommends 5.6+, but 5.4+ is fine for now.

If you are looking for a quick fix, as per your suggestion, another solution would be to downgrade your plugins (I can help you with that). But the downside is that you are likely not going to be able to upgrade and take advantage of the new features moving forward.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Khanh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Khanh,

Thank you for writing back.

Let me know things go with the PHP upgrade.

And if you get a chance, the system info would definitely help me help you out.

As per your second question, depending on how you are importing your events and which version of our plugins you are using, there is indeed a failsafe to prevent events that were deleted from being reimported.

You might want to add the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php to be able to remove the deleted events for good (and let you reimport them) https://git.io/vKBZh

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer PHP Parse error’ is closed to new replies.