iCal importer not working: Your search returned no results.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal importer not working: Your search returned no results.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dahls
    Participant

Hi,

I am having trouble with the iCal Importer. At first it worked fine and I did import all events from Google Calendar but then I noticed that the events where set to whole day and I deleted them all. Then I wanted to import events again and then it stopped working. I tried with several import types and with iCal-URL and .ics File. But now it keeps saying:

Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search.

The actual Google Calendar has events and I also tried the guide Testing for conflicts but with no success.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Dahls,

Hey, thanks for going pro and welcome to the forums! I will help with your issue, I’m sorry you bumped into it.

Let me give you some background to what’s happening here.

When you delete (and remove from trash) imported events, they will still remain in the database, only they will be hidden. This will prevent them from importing again. It is done like this, because some people set up recurring imports for a feed, but there might be some events which they don’t want to import from there. This prevents that re-import.

Once you remove those hidden items from the database, you will be able to import everything again.

Now, on how to remove them: here you can find a plugin that will help you out:

https://github.com/andrasguseo/tdm-purge-tec/archive/master.zip

Just upload to your wordpress site as a plugin (Plugins > Add new > Upload Plugin) and activate it. It will add a link to the admin bar. Clicking on that purges the database of “deleted” events.

Try how this works out for you and let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Dahls
    Participant

Hi Andras,

this worked perfectly. Thanks also for the explanation!

Best regards.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dahls,

Great, I1m glad it helped! I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else, don’t hesitate to open a new topic. We’ll be here to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal importer not working: Your search returned no results.’ is closed to new replies.