iCal Importer not updating changed or deleted events. Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer not updating changed or deleted events. Google Calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

Hello, I am having the same issue as the topic below (except I am using Google Cal), but from my research I don’t believe the caching issue is with my host (correct me if I’m wrong).

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ical-importer-not-updating-changed-events/

I’ll make changes to my Google Cal and then run a manual import, and I continue to receive this message, though changes where made: 55 events were found and 0 events were created or updated.

Also tried to delete events on my Google Cal to see what effect that has, similar response, no changes are made to the events within my site.

Thanks in advance,

B

Cliff

Hi Benjamin. Thanks for your question.

If I’m understanding your question correctly, iCal Importer was recently changed to NOT overwrite/update existing events, since users might make local changes and wish for those changes to persist.

You should be able to use the tribe_events_ical_importer_overwrite_existing_events filter to re-enable this functionality. This hook can be found in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-importer-ical/src/Tribe/Importer.php if you’d like to look into this further.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Benjamin
    Participant

Great,

That worked like a charm.

One last thing, if an event is deleted from my Google Calendar, they are still on the Event Calendar. Is there a way to have Google Calendar deletions then remove them from my Event Calendar?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Cliff

I’m glad you got things working how you wanted.

It sounds like you’re wanting full 2-way sync. Unfortunately, that doesn’t exist at this time.

I’d suggest you add your vote to this existing feature request.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

eric
    Participant

I am having a similar issue. When I change or move an event on my Google Calendar it either doesn’t change at all on my events calendar or it created another event so that there are now two. I figured to get around this whenever I made changes to my google calendar I would clear my events calendar by deleting the events and re-import them from my recurring feed. My events are now deleted and the feed is not importing any of the events so now my calendar is completely blank.

Cliff

Eric, thanks for your input here.

iCal Importer is “smart” in that it doesn’t re-import deleted events. However, you can reference this previous forum reply if you don’t want that behavior.

FYI: In this forum we try to keep our threads focused on just one issue to ensure we answer each question. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread for your specific request if you still need help with your question. Thanks for your understanding.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer not updating changed or deleted events. Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.