iCal Importer not updating changed events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer not updating changed events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    designoneweb
    Participant

We are using Events Calendar Pro with iCal Importer on a client’s site. We are importing from an Office 365 calendar. We have iCal Importer scheduled to refresh every hour. We are having two issues.

First, when the client makes changes or corrections to events on the Office 365 calendar, those events are not changed on the next refresh via the importer. We have tried a manual import with no results. We thought it might have to do with our site cache (client uses WP Engine for hosting) and cleared the case. Manually imported again, no luck. This is frustrating because client’s members are showing up for events that have been cancelled. Cancellation shows on event info in Office 365 calendar, but not The Events Calendar on the website.

Second issue is that all day events are successive days are not importing properly. The Office 365 calendar shows a conference scheduled all day Nov 13-16. The importer only imported the event for Nov 13. Again, cleared cache, manually imported and no luck. Still no conference dates showing for Nov 14, 15 or 16.

The client has to use Office 365 as multiple department heads input their schedules to that calendar. It is strange that the importer isn’t working properly now because it was when we first installed it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nico

Howdy @designoneweb,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I’ll try to help you here!

Can you share with me the calendar you are importing? I would like to run some test with it in my local install. You can mark the reply as private so this doesn’t get publicly visible!

It is strange that the importer isn’t working properly now because it was when we first installed it.

Really curious about this, was it installed in the same site/server? Do you have a staging site where you could reproduce this?

Please let me know about this,
    Best,
    Nico

designoneweb
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

designoneweb
    Participant

This reply is private.

designoneweb
    Participant

Nico,

It appears that part of the problem may be a caching issue with my host, WP Engine. When working with the site in our staging area where caching is disabled, the importer works fine. In live area and caching enabled, doesn’t update existing events. If I were going to have WP Engine exclude The Event Calendar and the iCal Importer from caching, what paths/cookies should I have them exclude?

I am sure that this is a problem for anyone who hosts with WP Engine. Figuring this out will help many of your purchasers.

Thanks!

Nico

Hi @designoneweb,

Thanks for confirming this! I’ve also made some tests (with multi-day events and events sync) and everything is working as expected on my end!

Regarding the WP-Engine cache configuration I’m not familiarized on how their cache system works, so not sure what the recommended configuration might be for this case! I’ll surely ask the team tomorrow about this but maybe the WP-Engine support team has better answer for that.

Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hey @designoneweb,

I’ve checked with the team on the WP-Engine cache config but the best will be to contact their support team on this an ask them to disable all cache related to The Events Calendar plugins if possible. Please reach out to them and let me know if this is possible,

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer not updating changed events’ is closed to new replies.