ical importer not deleting events (cont cont)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator ical importer not deleting events (cont cont)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Adams
    Participant

This is a continued (continued) thread from https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ical-importer-not-deleting-events-cont/

I am trying to work out if it is possible, using the pro calendar and ical importer, and importing data from a Google Calendar, if it is possible (at all) to JUST have Google calendar be in control of the data on the events calendar. So if an event is added, the auto import using ical importer adds an event to the evetns calendar, if a previously imported event is then changed (edited) in Google, the change then updates the event in the events calendar (as opposed to creating a new event), and if deleting an event in Google calendar, that event gets deleted from the events calendar on the website?

I have tried adding:-

// Allow events that have already been imported to be updated if the source event
    // is changed and if it was pulled in via a saved recurring import (iCal Importer)
    add_filter( ‘tribe_events_ical_importer_overwrite_existing_events’, ‘__return_true’ );

to my functions.php file but it doesn’t seem to change anything.
    Thanks in advance for your response.
    Chris

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey fibdes,

Thanks for using our plugins! I’m sorry you have having issues with the iCal importer.

What you desire was the initial intention of the iCal importer. Due to the many ways different apps handle iCal with recurring events, updates, deletions, it gets quite tricky to get it working properly unfortunately.

Some of the issues / bugs you mentioned we are already aware of and we have  bug ticket filed, so a fix should be on the way soon. I added this thread to the ticket to give it more push.

What I can mention on the good side is that we are releasing version 4.3 of The Events Calendar in the matter of 1-2 days, which includes our new importer, the Event Aggregator.

Basically the Event Aggregator has been built from the ground up, so it is a much more stable and robust solution. As fas as I know, users who have a valid license for iCal importer will get a kick at EA as well. So keep your eyes peeled for the update, EA might be the fix that solves it for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Chris Adams
    Participant

Thanks Andras – really interested in the aggregator… will check that out as soon as it comes into play 🙂

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello fibdes,

It will be in play soon enough. 😉

Since you marked it resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic in the forum and we will help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Geoff

Hi @fibdes,

We wanted to let you know that we recently released iCal Importer version 4.2.5.1 and it included a fix for the issue you reported for duplicated recurring event instances on import. Please update when you have the chance and defintely let us know if you continue to run into any problems.

Thanks so much for the heads up and for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘ical importer not deleting events (cont cont)’ is closed to new replies.