Ical importer duplicating imported events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Ical importer duplicating imported events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Raymond Foresman
    Participant

so ive seen very similar threads but nothing that really helped me resolve the issue – so i apologize if its the same issue as others and i just missed the solution.

So my site is a Chicago sports bar…and to help my clientele i am using the events calender to show when all the chicago sports teams are playing. I basically am just creating an import from the URL of those sports teams ical schedules. So far the bears, blackhawks and bulls have been fine. But the Cubs feed is multiplying like crazy. Maybe it has something to do with the playoff schedule constantly updating, changing, but as of right now is shows 58 cubs games on saturday the 22nd, and same on sunday 23rd.

I have included a screen shot of the imports i have created…you will see that while all the others are set to daily or weekly, it appears they only update when theres a change, but the cubs one has updated almost 900 times, and it is set to weekly.

My guess is that for a regular season schedule that is “set” i wont have any issues…but if the hawks or the bulls make the postseason, where the schedule is unknown and constantly being added or edited, thats when new imports will start to get messy, and id like to avoid that. But the reason I bought this was so I could have a schedule that updated automatically, without me having to manually edit things.

Thanks for your help.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Raymond,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! I’m really sorry you are having this duplicating issue with iCal importer. Let me help you out here.

We are aware of this issue and already have a bug ticket on file for this. I will add your thread to it to give it more push and hopefully a fix will be on the way soon.

To help us in fixing, could you please share the feed that is causing you the issue? Thanks!

Until a fix arrives I would like to draw your attention to Event Aggregator which just launched with The Events Calendar 4.3. I see you didn’t update yet, it is highly recommended. 🙂

Since you have a license for iCal importer you also received a license for Event Aggregator. You can find the license key in your theeventscalendar.com account under My Account > License Keys or clicking here.

Event Aggregator is a new importing plugin which has been developed from the ground up to give a more stable performance and less issues. Give it a test drive, maybe that will be the fix for your issue.

You can read more about EA here:

Event Aggregator

Let me know if this helps or if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Raymond Foresman
    Participant

I just saw an email yesterday about the event aggrigator…first i ever heard of it. I will read about it when i have a chance…i assume it wont conflict with the ical importer i bought?? do i need to uninstall or deactivate the ical importer i bought to use the aggrigator?

Here is the url of the feed that is importing like crazy:
    webcal://mlb.am/tix/cubs_schedule_full

Now, like i said, it could have something to do with the fact that the schedule is uknown for each playoff series…so i dont know if i will have an issue with the other feeds in if the bears, bulls or blackhawks make the playoffs where the schedule will not be set either.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for sharing the feed and the extra info. I’ll make sure our devs get it.

On Event Aggregator and iCal importer: you don’t need to uninstall or deactivate iCal importer. If you upgraded to 4.3, then it will appear as Legacy import in the menu. It will not conflict with EA, should work just as before.

So far the feedback on EA has been very positive from users.

Curious to hear your feedback on EA while we look at the iCal issue.

Also, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Geoff

Hi Raymond,

We wanted to let you know that we recently released iCal Importer version 4.2.5.1 and it included a fix for the issue you reported for duplicated recurring event instances on import. Please update when you have the chance and defintely let us know if you continue to run into any problems.

Thanks so much for the heads up and for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Ical importer duplicating imported events’ is closed to new replies.