iCal Importer – All Day Events showing date of January 1, 1970

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer – All Day Events showing date of January 1, 1970

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Chris Adams
    Participant

This is a continuation of the topic here:-
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ical-import-from-google-calendar-not-showing-all-day-events/

Hi (Brian?),
    In continuing from the above topic I have managed to remove all old trashed data in the database tables relating to old events and then re-imported from the same feed location initially as a One Time Import.
    Once again the events were imported but they all the All Day Event events imported with the start and finish date of January 1, 1970.
    I believe that this is a bug that is being looked into – is that correct? At the moment it is rendering my calendar useless and it is off-line… is there any way of finding out if this is going to be resolved any time soon?
    Many thanks,
    Chris

Geoff

Hi Chris,

I see that the ticket is still in our system. The developers are still taking a look at it (I see some work has been done) but that there is not a concrete release date. I have added this thread to the ticket and will mark this Pending Fix in the meantime. I’ll certainly follow-up with you when we have more to share.

Thanks for you patience while we work on this.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Chris Adams
    Participant

Ok Thanks Geoff, fingers crossed for a *quick* resolution…

Geoff

Sure thing! We’ll keep you posted. 🙂

Chris Adams
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Chris Adams
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Chris Adams
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hey Chris,

I followed up with the developer working on the issue and he was able to provide a possible fix for this prior to releasing it.

If you replace the content of this file:

plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/iCal.php

…with this:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/d3b3b650ef36c9998635

That fixed the issue in our tests. Does that work for you?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Chris Adams
    Participant

Hey Geoff, Just before I do this (it is exciting!) can I just check the code you sent there – it seems empty aside from a commented out bit of copy:-

/**
    * Issue resolved in The Events Calendar 4.0.1 – Please update to that version or later for the fix. Any other questions please create a new support topic and we can help out. Thanks
    */

If that IS what I need to do then cool, but I feel something may be missing here!?
    Cheers,
    Chris

Geoff

Hey Chris, thanks for following up!

That’s right! This issue should have been resolved with the 4.0.1 release just last week. Have you updated all three plugins and, if so, is the date still importing incorrectly?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Chris Adams
    Participant

Great – thanks for the confirmation, I shall go away now and check. Will let you know!

Geoff

Heck yeah, thanks and definitely keep me posted. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer – All Day Events showing date of January 1, 1970’ is closed to new replies.