iCal import from Google Calendar not showing All Day Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal import from Google Calendar not showing All Day Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Chris Adams
    Participant

Hey there,
    I have Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro & iCal Importer set up on my website and have tested a recurring import on events from an iCal address (from Google Calendar). It seems to be importing most data aside from events that have ‘All Day’ assigned to them in Google (checkbox ticked).
    I’ve tried searching for this as an issue that can be resolved and am of course open to this possibly being a user error on my part, but would greatly appreciate some assistance re this.
    Here’s an example from the iCal file an event that isn’t importing:-

SUMMARY:Class 7 Dragon Play Date TBC
    TRANSP:OPAQUE
    END:VEVENT
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20160704
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20160705
    DTSTAMP:20150929T224452Z
    UID:CSVConvert138e4244132abd4a01cd9d7030b3b7ce
    CREATED:19000101T120000Z
    DESCRIPTION:/n
    LAST-MODIFIED:20150911T163134Z

Happy to provide further details (just let me know what you want) if that would help.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help troubleshoot on this.

I did a quick test and created an Event in gCal and was able to see the All Day Event I created to import it.

This was not a recurring import so that maybe why.

If you try a one time import does the event show then to import?

Could you share the ical link in a private reply and the name of an event not show and I can test on my end.

Let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

Chris Adams
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Chris Adams. Reason: Forgot to add something in the original reply
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for proving the information.

It appears there is a bug here.

I am able to import the All Day Event from Above.

However, it comes in with the start date of: 1969-12-31.

If you look in your events did it import with that date as well?

I tried on two other all day events and they did the same for me as well.

I have created a ticket for us to address this issue.

Let me know what you find out about that event and if you see the same time in your system for it.

Thanks

Chris Adams
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Alas now when I try to import the data from the ICS file (using the address I sent in my private reply) I get nothing coming back from the search to import at all???
    Yesterday in an attempt to try and re-import the data from the ICS file I first deleted all event data from the TEC plugin – since then I get nothing when I try to import from the ical url. Even when I download the ics file to my PC and then import it that way I get nothing.
    Humph.
    Please help – I don’t *think* I’m doing anything particularly wrong?
    Chris

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I was able import all the events without issue.

There coding in the iCal Importer that detects if you deleted an event in your install and then does not reimport it. So I believe that is what you are running into.

Have you deleted and emptied the trash with the events?

Are you trying a one time import or a recurring import again?

Let me know and we can go from here.

Chris Adams
    Participant

Hi Brian, sorry about the delay in getting back to you – other projects getting in the way.
    So – following the initial import I then deleted and emptied the trash so there are no events in the calendar. Every time I try to then re-import the events (so step 1 – hit the search button with nothing selected or changed in terms of the ‘Refine results’), whether it’s a one time OR a recurring import I just get ‘Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search.’ message… So no luck here….
    Does this mean I can’t now import this calendar at all??

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think there is a way around this.

Although all the events were deleted. They still remain in the database so when the importer is checking for events it find them there.

You can use a plugin such as Adminer:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminer/

To go into the database and delete all the trashed events and then you should be able to import again.

Open Adminer Miner

Go to the Posts Table

Click Select, then search

Change Anywhere dropdown to post status

Enter trash in the search field

Click Select

Check all the ones you want to delete and then click delete on the bottom of the page

Following those steps I was able to reimport everything.

Let me know if you need some more help.

Thanks

Jeff
    Participant

Where you ever able to correct the 1969 issue for All Day Events? I am seeing a similar issue with my Event Calendar trying to import a Google Calendar.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

There is a bug ticket in our system, but no fix yet to release. We will update this ticket once we have a fix for it.

Thanks

Chris Adams
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Having a few issues with Adminer (though I think it may have been server performance related). Also having issues being able to spend time on this as I have another project with tighter deadlines… and one in fact that I have another TEC issue with that I’m going to start a new thread about.
    Will be back on here re this issue once I have done as you have suggested by the way.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Adams
    Participant

** UNRELATED TO THIS THREAD BUT RELATED TO ABOVE POST **
    (Re above – the new issue I was going to start a thread about is already solved on this thread here – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/widget-upcoming-events/ – thanks Brian – that one was you!!)

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are having issues with Adminer, you can go into PHPMYAdmin from your hosting and do it there. This was just a way around doing that.

And glad my response helped for the other issue. Look for a better solution to that in the next release to fix it for good hopefully.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I found a plugin that might help here instead of going into the database.

This plugin can completely remove trashed posts and events in the database:

Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions

It does not do it by default, but there is a setting to Delete Trashed Items.

Before using that plugin it would be a good idea to backup your database just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal import from Google Calendar not showing All Day Events’ is closed to new replies.