iCal Imported everything an hour early Starting on November 6th (Daylight Saving

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Imported everything an hour early Starting on November 6th (Daylight Saving

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

This time I had a new error. I’ve attached a file of the screenshot. This occurred very quickly. Maybe extend the timeout?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the long wait. I was testing the file but didn’t have the cURL issue you sent.

I contacted an Event Aggregator team member regarding this and waiting for his reply. Will let you know as soon as I have something.

Thanks for hanging in there!

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

I wanted you to know that I tried it again today. This time no timeout, but got this message “Your preview doesn’t have any records to import.”

This is the same .ics file I sent you. Can you try to import it and see if you get the same message? It is a small file, just 2 days of events for testing, but there are records. The file was generated by a current version of Outlook.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

I tried and initially I got the same message. Most likely because all the events are in the past.

If you set the starting date to something in the past, e.g. November 1st, then you’ll see the events. It did the trick for me. Here’s a screenshot:

Cloudup pwct3do4o12

Let me know if this solves it. I’ll be here.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

That worked for a successful import – I had not noticed the start date setting before.

Now I need to check that the imported times are correct. I’ll get back to you once I find out.

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks! Will be waiting.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

The imported times are correct! I did not have to change our timezone settings.

You can close this case now.

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

If you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic in the forum and we will help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi templesinai,

Just want to point out this thread for you, might help in the future if you have DST issues:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/daylight-savings-bug-still-there/#post-1197279

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Imported everything an hour early Starting on November 6th (Daylight Saving’ is closed to new replies.