Ical difficulties

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Ical difficulties

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    frandrewpastore
    Participant

Hope you can help. Just got event aggregator and was trying to import 3 ical calendars. Scheduled the first – but it only seems to be taking in a few events at a time – am up to thirty six events at the moment – but there are many more in the calendar. After getting the one calendar at least beginning to import events – the other two calendars keep saying – not able to contact calendar at this time – have used the same ical address as in the first instance – no luck with these though…

Also want the events to be visible as to the fact that they are from different calendars – can you please advise

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you out.

First, can you please send me the links that you’re trying to import from so that I can test them out on my end?

Can you also check what you have set for “Import Limit Type” under Events > Settings > Imports > Global Import Settings? If events in your source calendar fall outside of these limitations, then they will not be included in the import.

Regarding separating the events from different calendars, you do have the option to assign categories when importing events. I would recommend creating different categories for each of your source calendars that you want to separate, as categories do have separate pages showing events from only that category.

frandrewpastore
    Participant
    frandrewpastore
    Participant

Hi
    Another issue – perhaps aI can get out of the way here – If I need to open a new ticket let me know…
    How would I insert a list of events in a side panel. There is an example of this on your website..an you point me to the support documetination for this…

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sending those links.

I tried them out in my local environment, but I was not able to import from either one…are these private calendars? If so, can you make them public?

For future reference we do typically like to limit threads to one topic, but I’ll be happy to answer this for you 🙂

You can add a list of events by adding the Events List widget to your sidebar under Appearance > Widgets.

frandrewpastore
    Participant

HI there
    Yep – the calendars are public – have tried switching the setting on and off again…
    Not sure what else I can try..

frandrewpastore
    Participant

Hi – switching on and off seems to have done the trick – widget working also – many thanks… Sure I will be back to you for more before long…

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Awesome, I’m glad to hear everything is working now! If you do run into any more issues, please let us know!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Ical difficulties’ is closed to new replies.