I18n issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events I18n issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jan Hnatek
    Participant

Hi,

some strings in the Community Events module don’t seem to be localizable, they’re not present in the .po files.
    Specifically:

“Event Series:”
    “Schedule Multiple Events”
    “Create of find %s”

Jan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jan!

Thanks for taking your time and reporting this.

Could you please point me to which pages you are seeing those strings? You can send us a screenshot of it as a reference.

This way I’ll try to track down where they are in the files and find where the issue is coming from.

Thanks,
    Victor

Jan Hnatek
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jan!

Thanks for clearing that out!

The Community Events plugin loads several components from other of our plugins.

The “Event Series:” and “Schedule Multiple Events” strings are part of The Events Calendar PRO recurring events feature. So, you will find them in the tribe-events-calendar-pro-cs_CZ.po file.

You will find the “Create or Find %s” string to translate in the the-events-calendar-cs_CZ.po for The Events Calendar plugin.

I hope it helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Jan Hnatek
    Participant

Hi Victor,

thanks for the pointers, that clarifies a lot. I managed to work those strings and submitted some translations to your system, but the i18n is not ideal. There’d be a couple more issues to make
    things correct.

1. The message composition used with “Create of find %s” simply doesn’t work in my language (and won’t in many others) because of inflection. And there’s a problem with the capitalization of the injected terms. I believe these should simply be separate messages in the PO: “Create or find venue”, “Create or find organizer”.

2. The form for scheduling multiple events is impossible to localize properly. Messages like “year”/”years” (src/admin-views/recurrence/years.php) are based on English plurals, which may not apply in other languages. I think ngettext should be used here (e.g. https://lingohub.com/blog/2013/07/php-internationalization-with-gettext-tutorial/).

3. There’s a visual issue with the delete dialog in the Schedule Multiple Events form – when I Add Event and then click the waste basket icon, it just spans the whole height of the page.

I’ll appreciate your help with these.

Regards,
    Jan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jan!

Thanks for taking your time to report this.

Let me go through each of your points:

1. Could you please send us some examples about this in your own language so we can analyze it?

2. This seems like a good point. I will log a bug report about this so the dev team can address it in a future maintenance release of our plugins. I will set this thread as “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we’ll notify you once it’s been fixed.

3. Could you please send us a screenshot of this? It might as well be a theme or plugin conflict, so please test for conflicts by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know if you find anything.

Thanks,
    Victor

Jan Hnatek
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jan!

Thanks for coming back with those examples.

We can totally understand the issue for some specific languages. I will log another report about this, so it can also be addressed in a future maintenance release of our plugins. We’ll keep you posted about it.

Thanks for sending out the screenshot. It does look like a theme or plugin conflict, so please let us what you found while testing for conflicts.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jan!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st November 2017) is out, including a fix for the “Create or Find %s” translation.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-1-november-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘I18n issues’ is closed to new replies.