I need a begin date and end date to display on my tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus I need a begin date and end date to display on my tickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Hello. I was using The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets for a yearly event… the CT Home Show. Your support team helped me customize the tickets that our customers bought and printed out. But this year, I have to use Event Tickets Plus. So I lose my customizations. I need the tickets that people purchase to print out to include the weekend’s dates… right now, if I go to https://www.cthomeshow.com/event/connecticut-home-remodeling-show/ and purchase tickets — I use the free tickets – the third option for children under 16 to test the results – and I check out, I receive tickets that just say “March 3” on them for the date. They need to say “March 3 – March 5” on them because the tickets are good for the whole weekend. Can you tell me how to change this? I’m including screenshots of a sample ticket from 2015 and one that I ordered this evening. Thanks so much!

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your detailed report.

You are correct, and I’ve logged a request for our developers to add End Date to the ticket email.

For your reference, here’s where Start Date is implemented: https://github.com/moderntribe/event-tickets/blob/4.4.2/src/views/tickets/email.php#L292

If you needed this functionality available immediately, you could reference our Themer’s Guide to create your own, customized version of the email’s content.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Hi Cliff, Thanks for letting me know that this will be fixed in the future. But I am not a programmer and I have a client who is very upset about the fact that he paid for a plugin that doesn’t work properly. I have no idea how to edit the programming to fix this issue. Can you please tell me – step by step – how to fix this? The Home Show is coming up in a week and a half and we cannot sell tickets to thousands of customers that will have the wrong dates on them. That will cause mass confusion and there will be no one available to answer calls when the inevitable calls come in from customers trying to tell the CT Home Show people that their ticket says March 3 on it when they wanted tickets for the 4th or the 5th. Please help me fix this. Please. Thanks in advance.

Cliff

Here’s a Themer’s Guide override to add End Date to the ticket email, like this: https://cl.ly/0h0N2x1x1n09

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/c8365f89c088eebf0a37ccdf92a806a6

Place here: /wp-content/themes/___YOUR_ACTIVE_THEME___/tribe-events/tickets/email.php

Of course, you can customize it further if you wish (e.g. the date format of your choosing, if you edit the code), but this should be sufficient.

These are the modifications I made: this and this.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Hi Cliff, that worked. I only have the month and the date, not the year. But at least it works. Thank you so much.

Margaret Tehan
    Participant

I spoke too soon!!! Cliff, I may need something else. Please don’t close this ticket yet. Thanks.

Cliff

No rush.

Please note that you can customize the date format in either tribe_get_start_date() or tribe_get_end_date() in your template override file.

Also, this thread shouldn’t get Closed until it’s out of Pending Fix status.

Thank you!

Nico

Hey,

A new maintenance release has been recently shipped addressing this issue 🙂

More information in the release notes and hotfix notes.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘I need a begin date and end date to display on my tickets’ is closed to new replies.