I get an error on my site – tribe-options-display.php on line 59

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO I get an error on my site – tribe-options-display.php on line 59

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I get an error on my site. It’s a test site in WordPress in danish.

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/www/stengade-webdevelopment.dk/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/tribe-options-display.php on line 59

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/stengade-webdevelopment.dk/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/tribe-options-display.php:59) in /home/www/stengade-webdevelopment.dk/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1207

I have read an old thread in the forum and it seems to be the same problem. I could not find a solution. Is there any progress in that department? I have updated the event calendar.

– Best Stengade

Nico

Hi there Stengade,

Thanks for reporting this issue! I’m seeing the same error in the Events Settings page in the back-end with Danish language. I’ll report this to the dev team and hope to a have an easy fix for this!

Can you please send me over the other thread so I can update that one as well when this is solved?

Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hey Stengade,

Thanks for your patience on this, I’ve taken a deeper look and the problem is on the translation not correctly encoding the ‘%’ character. I’ll submit this change to the translation site, for now you can add this snippet to your theme’s functions.php file:

function tribe_custom_theme_text ( $translations, $text, $domain ) {

$custom_text = array(
    "The settings below control the display of your calendar. If things don't look right, try switching between the three style sheet options or pick a page template from your theme.</p><p>There are going to be situations where no out-of-the-box template is 100% perfect. Check out our our themer's guide for instructions on custom modifications."
    => "Indstillingerne nedenfor styrer visningen af din kalender. Hvis tingene ikke ser rigtige ud, så prøv at skifte mellem de tre \"style sheet\" muligheder eller vælg en side-skabelon fra dit tema. </p> <p> Der vil være situationer, hvor ingen ud-af-boksen skabelon er 100% perfekt. Tjek vores vores themer's guide for instruktioner om brugerdefinerede ændringer.",
    );

if( $domain == 'the-events-calendar' && array_key_exists($text, $custom_text) ) {
    $text = $custom_text[$text];
    }

return $text;
    }
    add_filter('gettext', 'tribe_custom_theme_text', 20, 3);

That should make this right until the translation is updated.

Please let me know if it works for you as well,
    Best,
    Nico

Mads
    Participant

Hi this is still an issue on Danish translation.

I’ve tryed the code in my themes functions, but that just changed the plugin back to english…

The error on my admin dashboard is:

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /usr/websites/web01302/www.bmcdev.dk/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/tribe-options-display.php on line 51

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Mads.
    Nico

Hey Mads,

Thanks for jumping in here! I’ll try to help you out on this.

It would be great if you could share your system information with me so I can check this issue with the same plugins you have installed.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Mads
    Participant

Hi thanks for the reply.

I managed to make the changes to the translationfiles. Now it works 🙂

BUT the week-slug is wrong – it is: http://bmcdev.dk/category/ikke-kategoriseret/uge/

should be: http://bmcdev.dk/aktiviteter/uge/

Where do i change that?

Nico

Hey Mads,

Glad to hear you could sort that out!

I managed to make the changes to the translationfiles.

Can you submit those changes to our translation site? This way we prevent this from re-appearing in a future update.

Regarding the week slug, that’s a bug that came up with the 4.4 WordPress update, a fix for that will be included in the maintenance release 4.0.2 coming out really soon (if everything goes right it will be later today / tomorrow).

We can leave this ticket open until you can confirm the update fixes your issue,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘I get an error on my site – tribe-options-display.php on line 59’ is closed to new replies.