Hundreds of repeated events posts, help!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hundreds of repeated events posts, help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kellan Christopher
    Participant

Hi this is Jared – I’m the webmaster for a site, we’re getting ECP set up, and I just logged in and found out there are hundreds of items in the events list in the WP admin but really there are only a few events and somehow it’s showing all the repeated events separately. I need to go double-check what the content folks were doing when they created the events, but at any rate I’m at a loss how to fix this. Any ideas? Thanks! -Jared

Rob

Hi Megan/Jared. Were all those events actually configured by a user? It’s possible (and likely) that some were recurring events that were configured to go continually for X amount of weeks/months/years. You should be able to delete them en mass as needed from the broader Events list on the backend.

That help, or were you looking for something more specific? Let me know.

Kellan Christopher
    Participant

Yes, that’s what happened – we configured several events to be reoccurring for a year. I was about to ask how to edit one of the events since it’s hard to look through 19 pages of events, but I realized I could go to the Calendar directly and click on an event, and then use the Edit button in the toolbar. The “Reoccurring” Yes/No filter seems to be helpful as well.

Thanks for the quick reply. 🙂

Rob

Excellent. So it sounds like now that you’re getting the hang of how to use the plugin, management options are becoming apparent to you. Need anything else from us at this time? Let me know if so…otherwise feel free to reach out if you need anything else down the road.

Joe

How do I delete multiple recurring events

Rob

Hi Joe. At this point you’d have to delete each pattern independently; but if you have a recurrence pattern, find an entry from it in the list and delete that, you’ll be prompted to delete just this entry OR all entries in the series. You can save yourself time by hitting “all entries” for each recurrence pattern.

That help? Or had I misinterpreted your request here? Let me know and I can adjust my response as needed.

Joe

Got it sorted. Thanks Joe

Rob

Awesome to hear. Thanks for confirming, Joe. If anything else comes up let me know.

Marc
    Participant

Related to this post, and I couldn’t find an answer by searching: rather than the plugin creating separate event posts for each recurrence, is there a way to have just one event post that lists all the recurring events, yet it would display on the calendar on the right dates and all of those calendar links would go to the same one event post with all dates listed.

Does that make sense? I’m trying to use it for recurring classes for a music school (see acmsaustin.org), but don’t want to have to deal with hundreds of event posts.

Rob

Definitely makes sense…this is something that we’ve had a few requests for, and so we’re going to be evaluating it for sometime in the 2.1 release. It should be doable but we aren’t currently set up to easily enable it. It’s a solid suggestion and one I’d ask you post in the “Feature Request” thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-pro-feature-requests/), which we use as a gauge for seeing what users want most as we plan future builds. Sorry I couldn’t offer up a substantive solution in the interim though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Hundreds of repeated events posts, help!’ is closed to new replies.