HTTP 500 Internal Server Error when deactivating the Event Calendar Pro plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO HTTP 500 Internal Server Error when deactivating the Event Calendar Pro plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Litman
    Participant

If I deactivate “The Events Calendar” or “The Events Calendar PRO” plugins, my entire sites then gives a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. The only way I’ve found to correct this issue is by restoring the active_plugins field in the wp_options table. I am running WordPress 4.1.1 on a Windows 2012 R2 server in IIS 8.5. I’m currently using the Avada Theme with a child theme configured. I did find that if I activate the non child Avada theme then I can deactivate the plugins with no issues.

Matthew

Howdy Kevin!

I’m sorry that you are experiencing an error 🙁 Let’s see if we can get to the bottom of it. Sometimes when an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is thrown when deactivating the Events plugins, the culprit is a bit of code in the theme (or plugin) that uses The Events Calendar functions. We have a handy Knowledgebase post that should be of use – Testing for Conflicts. Walking through those steps should give us a better understanding on whether there is a bug within The Events Calendar/The Calendar Events Pro or if there is a bit of code somewhere else that needs to be fiddled with.

I look forward to hearing how the test goes!

Kevin Litman
    Participant

I was able to find the issue. In my child functions.php file I had the following code which when removed, fixed the issue.

//The remove Related Events from The Events Calendar Pro
    add_action( ‘init’, ‘remove_related_events’ );
    function remove_related_events() {
    $callback = array( TribeEventsPro::instance(), ‘register_related_events_view’ );
    remove_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’, $callback );
    }

Matthew

Nice! I’m glad you were able to track down the problematic code! I’ll go ahead and close out this ticket but if you run into any other issues, feel free to create a new forum post. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘HTTP 500 Internal Server Error when deactivating the Event Calendar Pro plugin’ is closed to new replies.